Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay sniper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
just got sniped for a set of pretty good steel rocker panels

mad.gif
Allan
I've had it happen to me lots of times. I don't like it but I do it as well. You usually get the best deals by waiting until the last few seconds.
BIGKAT_83
You should have made your max bid as high as you were willing to go.

Bob
VegasRacer
Bid once.
Bid as late as you can.
Bid your max.
user posted image
LvSteveH
Instead of the "Force", use an atomic clock! Sniping actually keeps prices down by preventing people from thinking their way into higher and higher bids which they would probably regret once all was said and done. Some auction sites continue to extend the auction if anyone bids within the last 5 minutes. Every bid starts a new 5 minute extention.
brer
Yea! they're gonna look great on my car. happy11.gif

biggrin.gif
Jaiden
you should try out one of the sniping programs. It will bid for you up to your entered max within 1-3 seconds of the auction closing. You could be the sniper!! ar15.gif
rmital
was right there with you, don't know where that last guy came from....I'm trying to develope my sniping skills too. Still not there obviously.
914-8
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 17 2006, 10:36 AM)
Bid once.
Bid as late as you can.
Bid your max.
user posted image

I agree.

I don't think you got sniped at all. Someone else was simply willing to pay more than you were willing to pay.

You just have to bid the maximum that you want to pay. If you do that, it is impossible to get sniped.
TROJANMAN
how much did they sell for?
rmital
$40.14

I was willing to go to $50.00 including shipping.... a little cheap on my part.
GaroldShaffer
auctionsniper.com works for me rolleyes.gif
alpha434
I sold a milk truck on ebay a few weeks ago. Yes. A milk truck. The winner bid 1400 bucks in the last minute. He ended up getting it for 800. There were a dozen guys who wanted it and 11 of them were thinking "cheap!" The guy with the balls gets the glory, yeah?
rmital
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 17 2006, 10:59 AM)
sold a milk truck on ebay a few weeks ago.

...there ya go...Ebay does have just about everything.

could still use a nice set of rocker panels.....
jasons
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Feb 17 2006, 10:57 AM)
auctionsniper.com works for me rolleyes.gif

I got burned by esnipe once. It failed to bid and I was sitting there watching the auction end. Now I only use a 3rd party snipe if I can't be near a computer to bid.

You have no choice but to bid this way. If you don't do it, someone else will. And, if you bid early, some assjack with a feedback of 2 will just incrementally bid you into a higher price.
SLITS
I use sniping software when I know I'm not going to be near a 'puter at the end of an auction......I put in the maximum I will pay and hope that someone doesn't have a higher maximum. You weren't cheated...you were just to cheap.

If you want a set of rockers, I will check the 20 pairs I have and pick the best ones...you can have them for $30 + the shipping from CA.
TROJANMAN
ron, i'll take a set
the set i bought still need a little rust repair.
but don't tell gint i'm bringing them home with me unsure.gif
sk8kat1
QUOTE (brer @ Feb 17 2006, 10:39 AM)
Yea! they're gonna look great on my car. happy11.gif

biggrin.gif

damn man did you really win that one... !?

finger.gif owned.gif
rmital
Ron,
I'd take a pair too....could I see a pic before purchase?
sk8kat1
yea I could use a good set of steel rocker panels...

lemme know the condition and send me pics if you can

that would be great .. don't really like the FG ones I have
SLITS
I'll have to go thru them and pair them up.....so if everyone will wait I'll try to get photos

Auction closed!
TROJANMAN
just bring them tomorrow, and i'll cherry pick. everyone else can get the pits. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 17 2006, 12:49 PM)
just bring them tomorrow, and i'll cherry pick. everyone else can get the pits. biggrin.gif

Hey, not a bad idea. I'll bring Duck Tape too, so you can tape 'em to your arms and fly back solo..................
Demick
Look at the bid history for that auction. The winning bidder didn't snipe this auction. Sure it was a last minute bid, but there were 4 more bids for this auction AFTER the winning bidder placed his bid (one of those was yours). The winning bidder paid $10 more than you were willing to pay (and we don't know how much more he was willing to pay)

So the bottom line is, you lost because someone else was willing to pay more. That's how auctions work. Has nothing to do with sniping.

TROJANMAN
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 17 2006, 11:52 AM)
just bring them tomorrow, and i'll cherry pick.  everyone else can get the pits.  :D

Hey, not a bad idea. I'll bring Duck Tape too, so you can tape 'em to your arms and fly back solo..................

no way. i bought a round trip ticket. happy11.gif
rmital
QUOTE (Demick @ Feb 17 2006, 11:58 AM)
So the bottom line is, you lost because someone else was willing to pay more. That's how auctions work. Has nothing to do with sniping.

...so then we're cheap....and we suck at bidding.
r_towle
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 17 2006, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 17 2006, 11:52 AM)
just bring them tomorrow, and i'll cherry pick.  everyone else can get the pits.  :D

no way. i bought a round trip ticket. happy11.gif

Slits,
bring the set that you already have cut in half...those will fit in the overhead compartment.

Rich
SLITS
Huh? All of mine are cut in half....it's how we cut up "rust free" california cars... happy11.gif av-943.gif poke.gif Rust Coasters
sk8kat1
I think I just suck at bidding then -- I tried to place another bid that was higher and it kept saying i was under the min bid I never really got a chance to bid more .. the auction was up by the time the flurry of bids stopped
VaccaRabite
If I want somethig from Ebay bad enough to bid on it, I won't bid till there is about 10 seconds left, and I make my bid the higest that I am willing to pay. I never use an automated tool. When I do this, I almost never loose. the only time that I do loose is when someone has bid higer then the max I was willing to, or if it does not clear the reserve.

Otherwise, I just buy it now.

Zach
smontanaro
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 17 2006, 01:25 PM)
I use sniping software when I know I'm not going to be near a 'puter at the end of an auction

How is that different than just putting in your max bid on eBay?
morph
Sometimes I use www.auctionstealer.com to snipe with, and its free.

Hiedi
mack914
A couple of times I have received e-mails after an auction ends with the person complaining that it was their auction, they had the high bid, and I had no right to out bid them. WhatEver!!! Winning the auction means having the high bid when the auction is over. It does take some strategy, typically you can't win most auctions unless you are there at the end. Bid last, Bid high. happy11.gif
Brando
You don't need a bidsnipe program... you need a faster internet connection laugh.gif
gregrobbins
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Feb 17 2006, 11:34 AM)
You should have made your max bid as high as you were willing to go.

Bob

Like he said, if some one is willing to pay more, you have nothing to complain about. It's an auction, highest bidder wins. Every time.
edwardb33
I agree 100%, be there at the end and bid as high as you are willing to pay. Last second bids are part of the way the auction is run. Planning your time around the end of an aution is a pain but sometimes worth it. And remember there WILL be always be another one for sale.
msglaigaie
Like the man said, "Bid or get off the pot" even if you do it during the last 60 seconds, bidding what your willing is just a roll of the dice. MSG L
mack914
QUOTE (msglaigaie @ Feb 19 2006, 11:08 AM)
Like the man said, "Bid or get off the pot" even if you do it during the last 60 seconds, bidding what your willing is just a roll of the dice. MSG L

[QUOTE]

NO it's BID or DIE........ ar15.gif ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.