Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KevinP
Got a E-mail from GRP the other day about a 20% sale going on. As usual I didn't really pay attention to it but came up on their website and ordered some parts I need for my car.

Well after I ordered the parts on-line i read the flyer and learned that their sale doesn't start until tomorrow (Feb 18)
I gave them a call and told them what I had done (parts order) and ask if the discount would still apply. They were not sure if the transaction had already cleared so Ben said he would check and call back.

Dave called me back after a few took care of the deal and any thing I needed. My service was prompt and professional. I felt like i wasn't just a number!

Dave, if your listening! I will be doing alot more business with you in the future.

Thanks for the GREAT customer service and what a great guy!! smile.gif
tyler
Must be competing with the AA 20% off this Saturday.
WRX914
forgot the phone # for GPR

i seem to remember 800-433-5432??

please help me!

thx

Keith
brer
great service smilie_pokal.gif
Kerrys914
QUOTE (tyler @ Feb 17 2006, 03:25 PM)

wacko.gif I thought they were now the same unsure.gif
D1A3
Try their website for numbers...

http://www.gprparts.com/
tdgray
I bought my Engine bay seals from them.

Good guys, nice product, good price. smile.gif
brant
In 20 years of buying parts I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with GPR.

maybe once or twice there might be a tiny mistake (even on my part) and they will work it out EVERY SINGLE TIME!

you really can't go wrong with GPR.
I like Pelican too, but you still can not go wrong with Dave.... he is just a great guy.

(heck I used to buy other VW golf parts from him too because he could get them and was very fair about it)

brant
Mueller
QUOTE (brant @ Feb 17 2006, 12:57 PM)
In 20 years of buying parts I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with GPR.

maybe once or twice there might be a tiny mistake (even on my part) and they will work it out EVERY SINGLE TIME!

you really can't go wrong with GPR.
I like Pelican too, but you still can not go wrong with Dave.... he is just a great guy.

(heck I used to buy other VW golf parts from him too because he could get them and was very fair about it)

brant

:ditto:

I even had Dave personally call me one time on an order to inform me that the parts might not make it to me by the weekend and wanted to ensure that the delay wouldn't screw up my plans... beer.gif pray.gif
lotus_65
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 17 2006, 03:18 PM)
:ditto:

I even had Dave personally call me one time on an order to inform me that the parts might not make it to me by the weekend and wanted to ensure that the delay wouldn't screw up my plans... beer.gif  :worship:

wow.

unheard of! i wish i got the same from the parts company i'm wrestling with right now!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (WRX914 @ Feb 17 2006, 11:36 AM)
forgot the phone # for GPR

i seem to remember 800-433-5432??

please help me!

thx

Keith

(800) 321 5432

The Cap'n
WRX914
Dave is not only a great business man, but a true friend. Not only personally, but to our community.

WRX914
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Feb 17 2006, 11:45 AM)

not same company, different owners.

But Dave can get anything you wish...
andys
Just got off the phone with Dave. The call started by asking about the sale. After putting the phone down, I had spent $350+.

Agreed; Customer relations and service are top notch!!

Andys
914Sixer
I have bought parts from Dave since the 80's when he started out in Mid- Engine Mania. Never any problems.
rezron
I agree! Dave's a great guy to deal with. I drove out to CA from the Midwest a couple of years ago to get a 914 and stopped into his place.
I was impressed!!! He always returns my calls and gets me what I need!

smilie_pokal.gif

rezron
D1A3
Does anyone know if the sale extends beyond "in stock" parts, like AA?

Also, did not get the email and do not see any mention of the sale on their website. Is there a special code you are supposed to use?
anthony
Last year the 20% off sale was a big PITA. I hope it's easy to just buy online this year.
scotty b
QUOTE (WRX914 @ Feb 17 2006, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Feb 17 2006, 11:45 AM)

not same company, different owners.

But Dave can get anything you wish...

wink.gif Yeah they're not married but they are sleeping together. This is a good thing because we can now get AA's parts and knowledge and GPR's customer service and accuracy!! Eat that G. Still getting loot without gettin the boot screwy.gif
lotus_65
i just tried to call, but the message said they where closed. anyone know if it's just for on-line purchases?
race914
Phones open 10-1 PST

I'm so lucky I live 15 minutes away from GPR! biggrin.gif

> From: "German Parts & Restoration"
> To: race914@charter.net
> Subject: 20% Off on Auto Parts - This Saturday Feb. 18th
> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:28:08 -0800
>
> Giant 20% Off Sale This Saturday Feb. 18th
>
> Call 1-800-321-5432 for this our Giant 20% Off sale of in-stock auto
> parts! http://www.autoatlanta.com/email/giant/gpr.html
>
> Our phones will be manned from 10am-1pm PST to take your orders this
Saturday February 18, 2006.
>
> Our on-line sale starts at 12:01am and ends at 11:59pm, Saturday
> February 18th 2006.
>
> This is a first-come, first-served sale, so please order early for
the
> greatest fill. Please remember that sale prices for on-line orders
are
> accepted beginning at 12:01am on Saturday. All orders will be taken,
> time stamped, compiled and Monday morning the picking will begin,
with
> all orders sent by the end of the week of the 20th.
>
> Plus on-line prices at www.gprparts.com, www.eadparts.com and
> www.gprtuning.com are good all weekend!
>
> http://www.autoatlanta.com/email/giant/gpr.html
>
> Dave Shepard
> GPR Parts
> 1-800-321-5432

lotus_65
thanks!
markb
QUOTE (race914 @ Feb 18 2006, 06:26 AM)
I'm so lucky I live 15 minutes away from GPR! biggrin.gif

Isn't it nice? smile.gif
BigDBass
Man, it is painful to watch this go by knowing at least some of the parts I will need IF I buy the 914 candidate that I'm mulling over.
robby750
Just got off the phone with Dave. The sale is for in stock orders only. I wanted 4 Bilstein shocks and they were out. Guess what? He gave me a super deal on them anyway!!! mueba.gif That guy was so friendly that his suggestive sales pitch worked like a charm so I ordered more stuff. Beware, service is so good it can send you to the poor house.
anthony
How do you get the discount online? Is there a coupon code to enter?
campbellcj
GPR rocks. I haven't bought a ton of stuff from them but my first order was like 14-15 years ago. They have never let me down. YMMV.
markb
QUOTE (anthony @ Feb 18 2006, 11:52 AM)
How do you get the discount online? Is there a coupon code to enter?

Use the 800 number. It's better to talk to a person.
Michael N
Ordered parts over the weekend from GPR's 2nd site EADparts.com and was also looking for one additional part. Dave from GPR called me first thing on Monday morning to let me know he received the order and would do a search for additional part I needed. This company knows how to do business! Always very professional and courteous and ships faster than any supplier I know. It's sure alot easier to spend money with a company that knows how to take care of the customer. smilie_pokal.gif
elocke
If AA has it, GPR has it.
Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.