Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Seats - New Item
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
greg.treadway
New race seats in various colors. I can offer a pair (2) to 914 club members for $295 (shipping included for US only).

user posted image

I was asked about the sizes, so here's an attached graphic for the measurements. The seat is only going to work without your backpad. This is a new product for me, so feedback is appreciated.

user posted image
Toast
QUOTE(greg.treadway @ Feb 17 2006, 12:02 PM) *

New race seats in various colors. I can offer a pair (2) to 914 club members for $295 (shipping included for US only).

I was asked about the sizes, so here's an attached graphic for the measurements. The seat is only going to work without your backpad. This is a new product for me, so feedback is appreciated.

How well would these work for us short folk?
I noticed the seat length is 22". Plus I noticed the front of the bottom seat cusion seems fat and the back end of the bottom seat cusion looks like it dips in. The length from the bend of my knees to my tail bone is only 19". Would someone like me with short legs be able to sit in these and still be able to get the bend of the knees over the wide front seat cusion and still be able to touch the floor?
unsure.gif
(You would think that I have tried sitting in race sets before. rolleyes.gif )
pnewman
Can these seats mount to the oem seat rails?
Are the backs on these seats adjustable? As far as tilting back.

It is hard to tell from the picture.
greg.treadway
QUOTE(pnewman @ Apr 27 2006, 05:09 PM) *

Can these seats mount to the oem seat rails?
Are the backs on these seats adjustable? As far as tilting back.

It is hard to tell from the picture.

They come with their own mounting hardware. By no means are they a bolt on for the OEM rails. So, no to the OEM rails. Of course I would say the same of Sparco seats - and yet they look great in the 914.

The seats are also not adjustable. Again the same can be said of other race seats that I have seen in Porsche 914s. I hope this helps with your decision.

Greg
BMXerror
They do slide forward and back though, correct?
Mark D.
Probably a stupid question whatever the answer is. slap.gif
greg.treadway
Fine question. The seats are not going to adjust forward or back. It is very much like adding the Sparco seat into a 914. I hope this helps.
HeloMech
only without the backpad installed though huh? that's a bummer.
greg.treadway
Unless you're short. I guess then you could squeeze it in.
mtrotter
are they FIA approved?
greg.treadway
Intended for normal driving purposes, not racing or off road use.
sooba_dave
I have made mods for mounting a Sparco seat to the factory rails, without much difficulty. However, ten years ago, the Sparco seat cost Me, $650! I prefer the racing seat, with the cutouts for harnesses, but money is always a concern!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.