Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BEWARE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
This on got me at first, and I am ALWAYS sceptical, never have opened these. It came to me as an e-mail from a seller who stated that my item had been shipped, to let him konw when it arrived and leave feedback that would be reciprocated. I could only remeber one item that I am expecting and this name(s) did not look familiar so I clicked on the item number to see what exactly this was. Upon clicking on the link, I opened the normal e-bay sign in page; entered my screen name and password without thought and hit enter, THEN I get the e-bay page asking for proof of identification. This was an official (looking) ebay form asking for your name,address account number, item number etc. CLOSE THIS CRAP NOW!!! I then opend the real E-bay and searched on th item number from the e-mail and came up with no results BUT under the related searches I was given........antman1123 & barnsley1105........Both of these names were in the e-mail I recieved, one as the sender and one as a "potential buyer" ??? Forwarded the e-mail to e-bay with all this info and the queston of whether I need to change my screenname and password now.
McMark
Change your password for sure. Do it now.
marks914
I get those all the time. I usually fill in the blanks with my own friendly messages.

Mark
SirAndy
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 17 2006, 01:41 PM)
and the queston of whether I need to change my screenname and password now.

ASAP ...

your account login and password has been successfully "phished" !

icon8.gif Andy
scotty b
mad.gif I fuchin hate people!! I'm gonna start hangin out under the bridge with Miles. Ass holes need to get a life, and a REAL job.
andys
It seems to me, that the percentage of dishonesty on Ebay is high, if I were to use myself as a statistic. I have purchased a total of two items, bidding on maybe a total of 5 different items. Of those, two were scams/BS/cheats. That's 20%!

Last one, a seller e-mailed me after close of auction on a motor that I inquired about (but didn't bid on). Said he had another motor for X$$. I asked for a photo, VIN tag, and if I could pick it up as it was local. He sent photo's. Said he's an agent of a warehouse, and that they'll ship from there. Deposite money in their account to which he'll provide the info.........Red flags go up!! I e-mail winning bidder of the first motor leaving my name and phone, asking about doing business with this guy. Received a call two days later; winning bidder said he got three e-mails warning that this guy is a scam; send him no money. It confirmed my suspision.

Andys
neo914-6
yeah, they are getting more clever every day. Must not have any else better to do...
Kerrys914
Yep 2-3 a week for me.

The real ebay e-mail have your ebay login within the email. The scamers don't

Also, ebay will also add a message in your "myebay"

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (andys @ Feb 17 2006, 02:09 PM)
It seems to me, that the percentage of dishonesty on Ebay is high, if I were to use myself as a statistic. I have purchased a total of two items, bidding on maybe a total of 5 different items. Of those, two were scams/BS/cheats. That's 20%!

Last one, a seller e-mailed me after close of auction on a motor that I inquired about (but didn't bid on). Said he had another motor for X$$. I asked for a photo, VIN tag, and if I could pick it up as it was local. He sent photo's. Said he's an agent of a warehouse, and that they'll ship from there. Deposite money in their account to which he'll provide the info.........Red flags go up!! I e-mail winning bidder of the first motor leaving my name and phone, asking about doing business with this guy. Received a call two days later; winning bidder said he got three e-mails warning that this guy is a scam; send him no money. It confirmed my suspision.

Andys

Unfortunatly I would say you have had some bad luck right off the bat. Overall my experiences have been 95% pos. This was the first real scam I encounterd, other than that 1 bad seller and a couple of really late shippers.I get the normal B.S. scam mailings but this was the first one that looked legit to me and I opened it like a stoned fish confused24.gif
redshift
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 17 2006, 05:53 PM)
mad.gif I fuchin hate people!! I'm gonna start hangin out under the bridge with Miles. Ass holes need to get a life, and a REAL job.

huh.gif Bridge? Where?

M
Mark Henry
Hey...I won a 1/2 Mil today.

I think I'll quit my job and buy a Cayman....As soon as I send off a small admin fee...

NOT

rolleyes.gif
Dr. Roger
change password ASAP.

then take the link and start putting in all kinds of login names and passwords.

Like ...

L F*****gBast**d
P Eat*hitAndDie

L Amanda
P Hugandkiss

L Ivanna
P Spendalot

Or if they offer to reply to their email just insert your favorite persons email address.... and watch the spam come rushing in. beer.gif
deserttoad
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Feb 17 2006, 02:45 PM)
Hey...I won a 1/2 Mil today.

I think I'll quit my job and buy a Cayman....As soon as I send off a small admin fee...

NOT

rolleyes.gif

Hehe! That reminds me, I have to send a few dollars to get my great uncle's multi-million dollar estate settled in India....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.