Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rocker covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
the car I bought the PO had installed FG rocker covers...

I really have no idea what the steel look like installed... I kinda figured steel is better and last longer ...

is there a real differance between them other than the material the are made from

better or worse ..? confused24.gif
SLITS
Steel rusts...fiberglass doesn't

Steel bends and cracks.....fiberglass cracks and shatters

sk8kat1
but when on the car do they really look any different ... same fit ?
SLITS
same unless embossed with Porsche
Eric_Shea
Buy the ones from SLITS and spend the money you saved on a nice Snipe program biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
oo very funny mr shea .... poke.gif biggrin.gif
John
but when on the car do they really look any different ... same fit ?

Mine fit much better than the FG ones that I took off. Of course, I made my steel ones, and got rid of the jack hole as I removed the jack supports on my car (or should I say I removed the rusty/crusty jack supports from my car)

The old FG ones (that my car came with) ended up cracking out the mounting holes where they attach to the door sills. One also cracked where it attached to one of the fenders.

My steel ones fit great and should last for a very long time. I also considered installing hinges on a set to aid in annual cleanout of road debris...
alpha434
Rocker covers or rocker panels? Two very differnet things.... wink.gif
IronHillRestorations
Steeeeel, only way to go!
DanT
I have a set of Stainless Steel rockers. They will never crack, shatter, or rust wink.gif
sk8kat1
oooooo! and where did you come upoun those and how much were they? drooley.gif
DanT
Not sure on source or cost...they were on the car when I bought it.
I have been considering switching to FG for weight savings...but haven't decided yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.