Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $7000 mufflers on a 914 ? Yep
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
v82go
Finally got my new mufflers installed. So what does a $3550 (ea.) muffler look like ? see the picture. Bought these off of ebay, they were originally on a 2004 Ferrari 575M (with less than 10,000 miles) Had to do a bit of
pipe fitting to make them work (paid my local muffler center $10 to bend me 4 90's out of 2 1/4" pipe, after a whole lot of chop saw use and welding its done! My goal was to get rid of some noise (flowmaters) It is now almost too quiet. This will change when I hook up the little valves on
the inner outlets (apply alittle vaccum they open up and you have open headers) Ebay price was a $190 plus shipping, ( a $6800 discount )
Reguards Bob
PS next on the list is to install my aluminum heads to lose the new found weight.
v82go
v82go
v82go
woops
v82go
last
Dr. Roger
that's sick. just sick. smilie_pokal.gif
v82go
engine
Kargeek
That's too cool...with those vacuum actuators and related mechanics, you can now say your car has muffler bearings. DH
Terrance
But does the engine have Cro-Moly Piston Return Springs?
SLITS
It looks like it has a bad case of hemoroids........ biggrin.gif

Nice
Andyrew
Make a sound file..

I wana hear it!!
Twystd1
Holy Shit..

I have a set of those in storage. Came off of Rodmans car.

Now I gotta figure out how to hook it up to a Euro Header. (4 banger)

Rad idea.. thanks..

If it doesn't stick to far below my rear valance... I might give it a try.

What vacuum port are ya gunna use?

Twystd1
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Feb 17 2006, 05:56 PM)
Holy Shit..

I have a set of those in storage. Came off of Rodmans car.

Now I gotta figure out how to hook it up to a Euro Header. (4 banger)

Rad idea.. thanks..

If it doesn't stick to far below my rear valance... I might give it a try.

What vacuum port are ya gunna use?

Twystd1

spark port. (above the butterfly)
Twystd1
Nice Avatar.

reminds me of OZZY.....

tanks.

TW
wbergtho
Thanks for showing us your trick mufflers! That is a hell of a set up. They look real nice coming out the back of your car. I think your efforts are well worth it!!! Nice discount too! smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif happy11.gif By the way...how much power are throwing down and what trans are you using?
Air_Cooled_Nut
I think I would've found a better use of that much money than over-priced mufflers but if you've got the money to burn more power to ya!
drive-ability
That was a gutsy call that payed off! The guys with V-8 cars know what you up against designing an exhaust system thats quiet. Now you can go fast quietly. I love it !
snflupigus
definately need a sound file.... or call me and rev it up smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.