Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Need to find 4 1.7 injectors in the DC area!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NEU
I was swapping my 35 year old fuel line out today on my '70 1.7 w/D-jet and I found out that I have to types of injectors, 2 yellow and then 2 black. The black ones are off a VW where the yellow have Bosch on them. I know the yellow are the originals.

Anyone know of a good shop that might have them in stock in the DC area? Or does someone have a set in there box O'parts? I called Olympic in Rockville and they quoted me $99 each for new Bosch.

Or should I upgrade to a different kind? Like 2.0? I'm hitting a junk yard tomarrow it see if I can find something out of 411, I'm not sure what I can get them from. Vanagon? or Bus? Will L Jet work?
Thanks for any help...
N
Mueller
the 1.7 injectors are specific to the 1.7 motor as are the other 2 sized /4 motors

I am not 100% sure of the ill effects of running the "wrong" injectors, but my guess is:

2.0 injectors will run too rich (car won't run or it can wash the oil off the cylinders)

and the 1.8 injectors might run too lean.....

$99 for a brand new injector is not a bad price...
bob
N-
I have some. I'm near Berryville Va. if you're willing to test a bunch of them, you can have them for free....

-bob
scotty b
QUOTE (bob @ Feb 18 2006, 03:46 AM)
N-
I have some. I'm near Berryville Va. if you're willing to test a bunch of them, you can have them for free....

-bob

BOB why haven't you registerd with the Virginia contingent?? There is a serious problem here Bob! You must now change your name to Scott, as all east coasters are doing. Good to have you in the right coast and the right state (no political inference here miss moderatrix mam)
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 17 2006, 11:45 PM)
the 1.7 injectors are specific to the 1.7 motor as are the other 2 sized /4 motors

I am not 100% sure of the ill effects of running the "wrong" injectors, but my guess is:

2.0 injectors will run too rich (car won't run or it can wash the oil off the cylinders)

and the 1.8 injectors might run too lean.....

$99 for a brand new injector is not a bad price...

If it's only the color that presents a problem, forget it! The yellow and the black injectors are the same. 1.8 injectors are electrically different, and have different plugs. 2 litre injectors will, indeed, run too rich. T4s and T3s, which use the same injectors, are pretty rare now. T2 injectors won't work. Used injectors that have sat for months or even years are gonna be junk. It's my guess that the $99 figure is for rebuilt injectors, not new ones. Prolly junk, too. The Cap'n
ws91420
Check Olympic Import Parts. I know they have locations in Chantilly, Woodbridge and three others in the DC NoVA area. When I was looking fir a fuel pump for 2.0 FI they had it in stock.
Mueller
fuel injection service

if you go used (or "rebuilt" even, I've had them bad right out of the box) check out the link above (and you can do a search here for people that have used them)

a bad injector can lead to lots of frustration...it's worth the $12 per injector to know whether it's good or bad

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.