Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 71' is getting stripped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB 914
Thanks to Alberto and MattR for letting me piggy back my 914 down to Los Panchos earlier this week as MattR had to pick up his "rust free" freshly painted 912.

Now i just gotta find the time to assemble the motor!! Pics will follow in for the after. below is the before. I've added 2.0 Fuchs to it since this pic.
KaptKaos
Joe,

What did you strip off the car before sending it down?

What color are you painting it?

How much?

Mine needs a respray too.

Thanks,
Joe

btw: you going tomorrow? you bringing any of your daughters? Let me know ASAP and I could bring one of mine too lol2.gif
JB 914
If it's raining i'll just come by myself for a bit, no kids they will get too bored.

I took everything off the car. They are gonna fix all the waves and ripples in the body. My wheels got stolen a while back and they jacked up the door and both rear quaterpanels. I had alot of little dings and ripples. I'm told the ripples and waves are really time consuming to fix. confused24.gif With all my little extras it's gonna be $2000 + some gringo tax (VAT i think)

I'm probably going with Malaga Red. They are painting everything trunks, inside, engine bay. Also cleaning and respraying my wheel wells. fix all the dings in my bumpers and rockers and paint them black. Plus color sanding.

She's gonna be shinier than a ruby in a goats ass!
Aaron Cox
join the LP club!

blackie says hi
user posted image
lagunero
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Feb 17 2006, 09:05 PM)

huh.gif I hope that's a good thing laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lagunero @ Feb 17 2006, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Feb 17 2006, 09:05 PM)

huh.gif I hope that's a good thing laugh.gif

texuns
lagunero
Aaron's paint is deep shine, I'm still shocked (you don't deserve it). On Matt's car although I'm not crazy over the Aga Blue, you can see the quality of their bodywork.
If you really want a top notch paint job or plan on keeping your 914 for a long time go see McMark in NorCal. If you need a decent job to get you by, LP is a place to consider.
Howard
Gee, a Porsche getting stripped in TJ. There's a news flash happy11.gif
lagunero
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 17 2006, 09:31 PM)
Gee, a Porsche getting stripped in TJ.  There's a news flash  :evilgrin:

laugh.gif I asked one of the empolyees at LP if they take "extra" care of these cars (Matt's 912) and he replies "no one steals Volkswagens in TJ" LOL
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (lagunero @ Feb 17 2006, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 17 2006, 09:31 PM)
Gee, a Porsche getting stripped in TJ.  There's a news flash  :evilgrin:

laugh.gif I asked one of the empolyees at LP if they take "extra" care of these cars (Matt's 912) and he replies "no one steals Volkswagens in TJ" LOL

THAT is hella' funny. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.