Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's going to the GGR TT @ Infineon?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Who else is signed up for the GGR TT on Feb 25th and 26th at Infineon? I'm prepping the car this weekend and getting it ready for the TT. Starting to get excited about seeing old and new faces and having fun....until I read that a storm is supposed to squat over the the track both days then leave on Monday the 27th....

Just got back in after 2 weeks on the east coast...everywhere I went it snowed. laugh.gif

To bad we can never get a TT schedule during the nice weather months.

So...who's in?

Bill P.
DanT
See you there Bill,
My car won't be ready until TT#2. I'll be riding around with newbies with my fingers crossed.

Just got it back this week from paint.
I was busy today...got all the rubber, chrome trim, bumpers, lights, recovered door panels with RS door pulls installed today.
Tomorrow, is roll bar, remove radio, speakers and amp.

After that is done it is on to the suspension. biggrin.gif
McMark
I'll stop by an see you sometime that weekend. Either after the breakfast or on Sunday. driving.gif
DanT
If I get enough done and the weather is decent I might drive the 914 up.
I will only be there on Saturday to instruct.
Hopefully some other 914club members will be at sears to check it out. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I'm driving out to watch and take video/pics on Friday with trackmasters and Sat with GGR.

Let's hope for dry track.

KT
9146R
I may drive up to watch - if it isn't raining. Will be at the T-hill event late April...my ride does NOT like wet track days...hope to see some of you up there.

Greg
SirAndy
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Feb 17 2006, 07:18 PM)
So...who's in?

any newbies allowed or do i have to do some DE first?

i wonder how well the 1.7L would hold up ...
idea.gif Andy
race914
We were planning on it. Haven't been to Sears... I mean Infineon (can't get used to that) for awhile now.

We put new camlock belts in the six, and got both cars teched.

Tricia has access to the Air Force launch range weather systems at Vandenberg, and considering the rain forecast, we decided not to risk it... confused24.gif

We are now targeting the Coastal Driving event at Buttonwillow in April as our first track event.

Hope you guys get good weather!

Show the 911s your taillights for the club!

nine14cats
It will be a crap shoot on the weather...but I'm going...I guess if it's raining I can go into town and catch a movie... wink.gif

Andy,

You don't need a DE first, as long as you've taken the ground school. The issue will be since you're within the 10 day window of the event, there may not be enough instructors for you on Saturday. I I remember correctly, you will have an instructor with you all day Saturday before they turn you loose on Sunday. Maybe Dan T. can explain.....

I'd e-mail the Chief Driving instructor, Gary Dorighi (gdorighi@comcast.net) or call the Time Trial chairman (Andrew Forrest 650-387-4019) to see what the situation is.

Your 1.7 would be fine...

Bill P.
DanT
Andy,
First your car would need a full tech. You would need to attend the mandatory ground school, which I think was last Saturday.
You would also now have to pay a late fee plus the usual fees.
Instruction for first timers at TT is instruction all day Saturday, if deemed necessary you may get instruction on at least one run on Sunday aswell.
Depends on your learning curve.
If I were you I would shoot for the CDS event at BW in April.
Easier for your first time and less hoops to jump thru.
Check their website at www.coastaldriving.org

As far as GGR Timetrials our next one is in April...you have plenty of time to get that ready.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Feb 18 2006, 07:27 PM)
First your car would need a full tech. You would need to attend the mandatory ground school, which I think was last Saturday.

ok, cool. went to the ground school 3 years ago. that was the last one with hank watts teaching ... does that count? biggrin.gif

full tech as in ... ?

got rollcage, new brakes & rotors, schlicks, just checked the wheel bearings today. 80 senseless HP, what else?

mhmm, need a helmet and stuff. do i need a driving suit? no 5-belt harness (got it, but not in the car yet) ...

??? idea.gif Andy
Trekkor
full tech as in ... ?

They have several approved tech stations that give your car the once over for the season.

The GGR website has all the details in the TT section.

http://www.pca-ggr.org/

KT
DanT
IIRC, ground school has to be within 12 months. You need 5 point belts on both seats. I forgot, you also need a 10BC fire Ext. mounted where you can get to it in a seated position.
Must be teched for all mechanical and safety items at a certified tech provider. You can find the list on the GGR website under Time Trials.
For TT you need gloves, helmet, long sleeve cotton shirt and long pants (denim) for first two events. Then you need a driver suit.
Your hang up with all this would be the ground school.
You might want to check with Gary D. or Andrew M. as Bill suggested.
If the roster is not full they might make an exception depending on how you present yourself and your case.
Or you could sign up for the HSDS and you would not require the 5 points or full tech...but you still need the ground school.
Check with them....you never know. wink.gif
9146R
Andy,

There is a mid April ground school in Concord which would allow you to run at Thunderhill 4/29-30 drivers ed program. Good luck...

Greg
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146R @ Feb 19 2006, 10:25 AM)
There is a mid April ground school in Concord which would allow you to run at Thunderhill 4/29-30 drivers ed program. Good luck...

alright, that's good info, thanks!
seems about right for the big engine as well, timewise ...

i'd hate to putter around the track with the 1.7L ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
Trekkor
Run at Thill as-is on the 10th and 31st w/ Trackmasters.

Learn the track. driving.gif

Six hours of track time will help you before you bring the big SIX.

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 19 2006, 12:50 PM)
Run at Thill as-is on the 10th and 31st w/ Trackmasters.

i'm thinking about it ... biggrin.gif
DanT
Andy the GGR ground school for TT#2 has been changed to April 8th not the 15th.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Feb 19 2006, 04:57 PM)
Andy the GGR ground school for TT#2 has been changed to April 8th not the 15th.

thanks! i'll be there ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.