Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, but car related
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
A kid down the street has been building a BBC
Chevele. He lit it off bout a month ago.....headers open
and did some tuning....headers open, for a couple weeks.

He just drove by with mufflers ....but not very muffled....kinda like my old 409. He went down to the semi-freeway to the South and got on it hard...twice before he was out of ear shot......cold motor, dumb shit.

I haven't dropped by to visit him & take a look.
I wanna give him advice about his neighboors....from the school of hard knocks. Your neighbors can be your best friends or your second worst enemies. Your worst is cops, your second worst are neighbors that direct them to your house should they come looking for
"that loud primered car". I learnt early not to shit in my mess kit from a kind neighbor....after that, I toodled around like a little old man till I was several blocks away (and the motor was warm)......and yes, the cops came looking several times.....dunno why. laugh.gif They finally found me....I didn't say I was all that smart......but not close to home. cool.gif
Crazyhippy
Same sort of deal, and had a neighbor come up to look at the car, we spent 30-45 minutes just BSing about it, and then he said "the real reason i came up here is because I have Kids. I enjoy cars as much as anyone, but please keep it away from where kids are."

He was really respectful, and obviously a car guy, and he made his point.

Do the same. Just be cool w/ him, and dont try to come off as an ass.

BJH
J P Stein
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Feb 18 2006, 09:20 AM)

Do the same. Just be cool w/ him, and dont try to come off as an ass.

BJH

That's hard for me. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.