Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video of Yellow 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

We should all make our own tributes to our cars.
Hammy
This video is Johannes'. It's in his sig. Cool video indeed. smile.gif
Brew
Wow! Nice job!! smilie_pokal.gif
johannes
Wow! Nice job!!

Thanx !

I made this video the week I purchased the car. It was in november. We had a few sunny days and I could drive with the targa roof removed (thanks to the heater) wink.gif
Joe Ricard
Makes me want to get the digi camera mounted in the Red Neck Racer.

Nice job of editing I think if Porsche woulda had videos like this in 75 we would have new Teeners on the show room floor still today/
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif very well done!!! it should be an inspiration to all the " JACKSTAND 914's ". i drove mine in the snow today biggrin.gif wink.gif
joeav8tor
that sounded like a six, was it? or an aftermarket exhaust?
johannes
that sounded like a six, was it? or an aftermarket exhaust?

No ... its a Four. It's a Californian 1.8 (the weakest of all)... But !

All the cat stuff has been removed. In my opinion the exhaust is stock, it has a bypass in the place of the cat filter.
Pistons have been changed to increase compression ratio. I think they put euro pistons. Have no acurate information about it. Maybe they also increased bore ?
It still has the fuel injection
I have documents showing the engine was rebuit and the cam was also changed. I think they made a few upgrades.
A 2.0 owner drove the car and said that my 1.8 was almost as powefull as his 2.0

I don't know how many bhp it has now. Could be between 85 to 90 considering 47 to 50 bhp/Liter

I'll try to do some acceleration tests to compare with the factory specs.
gregrobbins
Very nice! Makes me want to fire up LIME14 and motor out for some Starbucks.

We should all make our own tributes to our cars.

I agree, but do you suggest a 15 or a 30 second video for cars on jack stands? biggrin.gif
Gustl
wow - now that's a really cool video clap56.gif
very well done user posted image

wavey.gif Gustl
Aaron Cox
suction cup mounted cameras?

i need some of those smile.gif
johannes
suction cup mounted cameras?

Yes, I bought this one. It's a Cullmann model 1003. Its cheap and quite well built. I payed less than 40$.
http://www.cullmann-foto.de/html/products/...pezial/1003.htm
Its a German company. Its seems to be imported in the US too. I googled "cullmann 1003 price" and found this
http://www.weatherornotphoto.com/cu10cusumo.html
joeav8tor
I like the vid! that 914 sounds great! from the vid, although it is hard to tell, it seems to accelerate like my 2.0...the sound reminded me of Steve Gaglione's six that I was in a few weeks ago.... it sounds different than my stock exhaust, either way, great video, enjoy your ride!
Joe beer.gif
wrpspddrvr
You don't wanna know the last movie I saw that featured that music...

Sweet video, but where's the tire smoke?

Cole aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.