Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front wheel bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pugbug
I took the 914 out for the first time this spring. I sure missed driving it, and had a great ride, but... ohmy.gif ...Growling noise from the front. When I got home I felt the wheels and the left front was warm to the touch. Jacked it up and spun the wheel.....noisy bearing.
I'm hoping that I can get bearings locally. Any one know if these are common bearings? I already have seals.
hotdgr
Haven't tried the FLAPS but you can get 'em on eBay for about $25/set.
dlo914
ive checked if we had the bearings at work (Autozone), we've got Timkens.
Pugbug
I got the bearing at the nearest auto parts store.....Changed it just in time too!!

Mark Henry
I got my '67 bus new wheel bearings at Canadian Tire, $10 each for SKF bearings.
davep
IIRC, 914/4 front wheel bearings and seal are the same as the Rabbit/Jetta rear wheel bearings and seals. Cheap enough that there is no excuse for bad or even marginal wheel bearings.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (davep @ Feb 20 2006, 01:32 PM)
IIRC, 914/4 front wheel bearings and seal are the same as the Rabbit/Jetta rear wheel bearings and seals. Cheap enough that there is no excuse for bad or even marginal wheel bearings.

That's a good one Dave. smilie_pokal.gif

I'd nominate this for classic thread status just for that one post.
Eric_Shea
Answer be yes... common.
Dead Air
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Feb 20 2006, 04:41 AM)
I got my '67 bus new wheel bearings at Canadian Tire, $10 each for SKF bearings.

[QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea, $20 bucks for the bearings and $80 for a new passport! wink.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Feb 20 2006, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Feb 20 2006, 04:41 AM)

[QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea, $20 bucks for the bearings and $80 for a new passport! wink.gif

You don't need a passport to get into Canada...just to go home biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.