Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you re-upholstered a rear targa pad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Has anyone taken the rear top targa pad to an upholstery shop and had it recovered. I know people do it...and are selling them on this site for "hundereds of dollars."

What would an upholstery shop charge? Obviously, if people can re-cover these and resell them for big bucks, there must be an issue recovering them.

Looking for ideas! blink.gif confused24.gif
Thanks,
boxstr
I put an upholstered one on the Black Widow, but I cannot give you the cost for just the bar because I had the compolete interior done on this car.
CCLINOUTTHEDOOR
szuccaro
I did the rear pad also, but dont remember the cost for that particular piece since I had the entire interior done at the same time. It wasnt that much though - worth it IMHO. Also, you can get creative at this time too (ie.. center speaker). Steve
boxstr
Looks good, but he is asking about the rear "targa" bar pad, the one above your head in the back.
CCLINTARGAFLORIO
tod914
Might be better off waiting for a bargain then trying to recover it. Plenty of 914's being chopped stripped.
scotty b
QUOTE (szuccaro @ Feb 19 2006, 10:19 AM)
I did the rear pad also, but dont remember the cost for that particular piece since I had the entire interior done at the same time. It wasnt that much though - worth it IMHO. Also, you can get creative at this time too (ie.. center speaker). Steve

I love the cloth insert!! smilie_pokal.gif Is it tweed?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 19 2006, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (szuccaro @ Feb 19 2006, 10:19 AM)
I did the rear pad also, but dont remember the cost for that particular piece since I had the entire interior done at the same time.  It wasnt that much though - worth it IMHO.  Also, you can get creative at this time too (ie.. center speaker).  Steve

I love the cloth insert!! smilie_pokal.gif Is it tweed?

and he bolstered them smile.gif
neo914-6
I've seen the ones that Craig sells and they look absolutely new with no seams, perfect for a Concourse look. I believe his vendor vacuum forms them which may require tooling.

Upholsterers glue and stretch the material by hand as much as possible so some tight areas need a stitched seam...
McMark
Here's every interior piece covered by Dr. Evil during his heyday. thumb3d.gif

I don't know the cost because the owner of the car set all that up and just sent me the finished pieces.
boxstr
I had every interior piece covered in red by Dr Evil in TJ, the cost was $1450. plus shipping.
CCLINCOVERITUP
McMark
Crap, I didn't even realize I had forgotten the picture. pinch.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.