Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bent A-arm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
So I'm all done with the teardown of the front end and the resulting fixes (fuel lines and clutch tube). SO now that all the parts are on there way I need to clean up the hard parts.

All the rest of the pieces are ok and just need a clean up but what about this arm. What are my options?
degreeoff
I'd say NO. Why bother they are one of the parts that never go bad...or rarely. In theory there should be a plethera avail.

NOT that I have 1....go figure....
Josh
John
It's your car, and you may be able to straighten it, but I would replace it/them with newer units.

You should be able to use any 911 a-arms up through 1989 (just remember to get the adjusters with them).

The only differences with them is the number of splines on the torsion bars and that they are newer than yours.

Just my $0.02
robby750
Put a WTB in the classified area. I promise I will NOT get involved!
ChicagoChris
If you go to the 911 arms you wind up with lots of parts to change. (OK not lots but some) I just went through all that so ask me how? biggrin.gif

But I have a front if you need parts.
Jaiden
Robby!!! lol2.gif Don't worry I know it will be OK!!!

I posted an ad in the classifieds.

I considered the 911 front end but my budget was blown with clutch tube/ fuel line/ welding repairs.

Chris, Do you have a passenger A-arm you could spare???
ChicagoChris
Sure do. biggrin.gif Send a PM
Mueller
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Feb 19 2006, 07:27 PM)
Robby!!! lol2.gif Don't worry I know it will be OK!!!

I posted an ad in the classifieds.

I considered the 911 front end but my budget was blown with clutch tube/ fuel line/ welding repairs.

Chris, Do you have a passenger A-arm you could spare???

pay shipping and I'll send you an a-arm for free......
ChicagoChris
Well thanks. That beat my price. sad.gif

rhodyguy
your some kind of guy mike smilie_pokal.gif , seriously. thanks for saving me the time sending a pm regarding a non existing, potential sale. not seriously wink.gif . oh, does the free one have the sway bar tab on it? dry.gif

k
Mueller
I've got 3 complete pairs of /4 a-arms with the u-tabs already on them....gotta start cleaning up my "spare" parts smile.gif

easier to give them away when someone needs them....this way I don't feel guilty throwing them in the trash when no one wants them otherwise wacko.gif

if Jaiden asks nicely I'll even remove the old rubber bushings and ball joint if need be smash.gif
Jaiden
Mueller!!!! Thanks so much!!!!! laugh.gif

I have had a bunch of offers (gotta love the club!) with one being local. but this one blows me away.

How much for shipping to 18360?

I love the 914club! I can't wait to help out other members as much as I've been helped out already!!!

hey if anyone is ever in NE PA look me up!!!!!
Jaiden
Even though Mueller offered the part for free a local club member also offered the part very cheap AND I get to hang out with a club member for a little while.

Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.