Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skeates
Hey guys,

I've decided to go for the 1 month restoration and am now knee deep in research and price lists. I'm currently trying to settle on a brand of paint and a place to buy it from. Does anybody have any suggestions and an idea of the price? I did a couple of quick searches for a thread w/ this information, but I couldn't seem to find one (though this must be a fairly popular question).

The plan is for Speed Yellow (roof and sail pannels painted to match) and then all the chrome trim pieces will be blacked out. I'm also considering painting the rivieras all black, but I havn't decided on whether or not to paint the rocker pannels/valences body color or black.

Thanks,

Steven
WRX914
Sikkens or PPG, both are excellent paints. A cheaper alternative would be Matrix paints.

I would think 1.5 gal should cover the entire car and give you a little touch-up for later.
Mueller
got The Yellow Pages phone book?? biggrin.gif

unless you live in no-mans land, you should be able to find a shop that sells to body shops and to the general public........you could do mail order, but sometimes you are better off finding a shop that you can speak to a person behind the counter for help or tips....

Auto paint related forum

for price, you can spend a few hundered to a few grand depending on brand and type......
skeates
The restoration will be taking place in the little known town of Pollock Pines, Ca. which is right outside of slightly better known town of Placerville Ca, so I think that I have only a couple of options to choose from. Anyone on the board from that neck of the woods??
Dr. Roger
pollock pines is a great little town.

if you see a red pantera with centerlines running around tell john, roger grubb say's "hi". one hellof a bachelor party there once....

skeates
I thinks it's a great little town...though I wonder what you could have found to do there that would make a great bachelor party... rolleyes.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (skeates @ Feb 20 2006, 12:27 PM)
I thinks it's a great little town...though I wonder what you could have found to do there that would make a great bachelor party... rolleyes.gif

oh yea', forgot to mention his Penthouse Centerfold friend who entertained us...

smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.