Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel rocker panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ORANGE2
Does anyone make steel flared rockers? I bought some abs ones with raised porsche lettering on them 11 yrs ago for my first car. But I don't really care for those. If steel isn't available, what other options are available?

Thank you
Aaron
74 2.0
John
The only steel flared rocker panels I know of are custom made.

I will be making a set when I get around to putting flares on my car. (Don't know if I'll get to it this winter or not.)

I can make straight ones.
WRX914
You can buy fiberglass rockers, should cost about $150. I believe the stock 914-6 came with flared fiberglass rockers... Anyone know for sure?

alpha434
QUOTE (WRX914 @ Feb 20 2006, 12:28 PM)
You can buy fiberglass steel rockers, should cost about $150. I believe the stock 914-6 came with falred fiberglass rockers... Anyone know for sure?

Fiber-glass steel rockers?!? I'll take 2!

w00t.gif
SirAndy
I believe the stock 914-6 came with falred fiberglass rockers...

stock 914-6 didn't have flares ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
WRX914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 20 2006, 12:29 PM)
I believe the stock 914-6 came with falred fiberglass rockers...

stock 914-6 didn't have flares ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

OOps, I should have asked if the fiberglass flared rockers are what came on the stock flared cars?

AA told me that is what came on the stock flared cars. Just wondering...

Thanks!
John
AFAIK,

All the factory flared cars had FG flared rockers. I don't think steel flared rocker panels exist except for customs.
alpha434
Yes. GTs came with fiberglass everywhere. Even the seats were fiberglass.
SirAndy
how about the 916s? as those were the only factory flared cars that were not intended for racing purposes ...

maybe the 916s had steel flared rockers? anyone know? any 916 owners here?
idea.gif Andy
alpha434
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 20 2006, 01:50 PM)
how about the 916s? as those were the only factory flared cars that were not intended for racing purposes ...

maybe the 916s had steel flared rockers? anyone know? any 916 owners here?
idea.gif Andy

There were only 15 or so made. I'm sure they had fiberglass, since Porsche already had some available from the GTs.

I would like to hear from a 916 owner too. And what about the 2 918s? They were flared. They are both muesem pieces. I'd like to know there. The 915 wasn't flared, was it?
SirAndy
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 20 2006, 01:54 PM)
And what about the 2 918s? They were flared. They are both muesem pieces. I'd like to know there.

rolleyes.gif sure son, both 914-8 were flared ... screwy.gif

914-111 (the red car) has some subtle "custom" pulled fenders and 914-006 (the silver car) is a narrowbody car ...
they were both build *before* the first GT prototype, which itself didn't even have the GT flares yet ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: try the "914 Info" link on top of each page for some more info (and pics) of the 914-8 cars ...
scotty b
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 20 2006, 01:34 PM)
Yes. GTs came with fiberglass everywhere. Even the seats were fiberglass.

GT's had fibreglass seats?? Holy shit I've got about 7 pair of GT seats!!! E-bay here I come smilie_pokal.gif

Up for bid is one pair of genuine 914 GT fibreglass seats. These seats were specific to the GT cars only as the standard 914's had fiberglass seats which weighed .......about the same.But the GT seats look identical to the standard seats so only a proffessional like me can tell the difference between fiberglass, and fibreglass. These seats are EXTREMELY RARE so I have a starting bid of 1500.00 on them or a buy it now of 5000.00 av-943.gif

I may even have a set of the uber rare 918-6 GTR seats that were fiburglas!!!
ORANGE2
Thanks for all the posts. Who is selling these? And who is making the nicest ones? Thanks

Aaron
74 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.