Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
My current plans for exhaust on my subaru conversion is to keep everything as high as possible to make room for the flat bottom and diffuser which I'm going to install.

To do this I figure that I will come out of the engine with the Outback Motors 2-1 collectors, then make a right angle up and then another right angle towards the back, and have two glasspacks running the length of the transmission (above the axles) and then exiting through the bumper. The problem is I can't figure out where to put a crossover between the left and right sides to get some scavenging. Secondly I don't even know what good the scavenging will do if it is arbitrarily placed.

So, what I'm looking for is insight onto whether I should really try to get some scavenging or if its just not worth it.

Any other ideas would be appreciated as well.

-Tony
turbodan60
contact Burns Stainless Steel in Costa Mesa ,ca exhaust ,....they have the best collectors in the industry ( not cheep) but drop dead buit's Turbodan welder.gif
Dr. Roger
crossover pipe/scavenging should be more forward than back.

in your application probably help too. cool.gif
Twystd1
If ya need a complete custom stainless exhaust.

And you know exactly what ya need.. PM ME..

I have the hook ups in SoCal to get it done VERY reasonable.

And yea.. Burns is the bomb.. Thats where I get the collectors that I have used over the years.

Google em and go to there web site. you will be amazed...

Twystd1
TonyAKAVW
I wish I could afford a full custom stainless exhaust. Instead I'm doing it cheap.

Also, my entire exhaust will be contained within an engine compartment that doesn't see the road or the sky. So I don't need stainless....

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.