Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CarQuip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
To the Colorado guys.

Anybody know this shop?
http://www.carquip.com/

They have the 1st gear set I want. C or D.

KT
alpha434
They are good. None of my guys have ever had any problems. We used to get gear sets from them too. Now we're going to strait-cut gears. So we stopped buying from them.
Gint
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 20 2006, 07:16 PM)
To the Colorado guys.

Anybody know this shop?
http://www.carquip.com/

They have the 1st gear set I want. C or D.

KT

Yup. Tom Conway runs the place. Decent guy. Ferg gets along with him extremely well. Give him a call and talk to him.
Trekkor
Thanks, Chris.

No slappy hands for me, thanks. rolleyes.gif

KT
alpha434
Yeah. Tom Conway is a good guy. I had dinner with him and my guy, Al the other night. He's been in Costa Rica building a house and I don't think he manages any aspect of the company anymore.
Ferg
Yes, Tom, his daughter Marie, and Matt are all great to work with. I have bought many many things from them, and they just completed a full rebuild on the 901 that was in my old six. I stop by there about once a week.

They come highly recommended from yours turely. Tell them I sent you, you may just get charged double rolleyes.gif

Alpha, um how do I say this... your wrong laugh.gif Tom's still running the joint, and is still in charge.

Ferg beer.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (Ferg @ Feb 20 2006, 06:47 PM)
Yes, Tom, his daughter Marie, and Matt are all great to work with. I have bought many many things from them, and they just completed a full rebuild on the 901 that was in my old six. I stop by there about once a week.

They come highly recommended from yours turely. Tell them I sent you, you may just get charged double rolleyes.gif

Alpha, um how do I say this... your wrong laugh.gif Tom's still running the joint, and is still in charge.

Ferg beer.gif

Haha. Fair enough. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
ive sold gears to matt and tom at carquip. great people. they have some rare gearsets etc.... sometimes a little pricey, but great guys.
Allan
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 20 2006, 06:21 PM)
No slappy hands for me, thanks. rolleyes.gif

I hate slappy hands. dry.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 20 2006, 07:02 PM)
sometimes a little pricey, but great guys.

Sometimes? laugh.gif
brant
most of their gearsets are actually coming out of England right now.
If they offer you something used, that may be an actual porsche used gear...

but used stuff is far and few between.
you'll find most of their sales are actually new gears made in england.
I talked to Matt at length during my J search.
sounds like the new gears are of even a slightly higher standard than the one's porsche subcontracted out 30 years ago so no problems there.

brant
campbellcj
I did a little biz with them over the years; no probs at all but yup you gotta lean over just a bit $$$
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.