914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
2 min 56 seconds

And you thought you knew how to left foot brake.... ohmy.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=31...4&q=walter+rohl
Aaron Cox
those bystanders are stupid...
Porcharu
My feet are dizzy. Pretty damn fast for what would be considered dino technology these days.
Anyone see the Michelle Molton (sp) video where she gives another driver something like a 2 mile headstart on a 2 1/2 mile road in a stock Audi and still wins?
Porcharu
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 21 2006, 10:29 AM)

Some of them are dead from that stupidity - they are what killed group B rally. Now I watch it on tapes, nothing like 500hp dirt and skinny tires. (500 hp tarmac and big tires are OK to) driving.gif
VegasRacer
I can do that.

In my dreams.
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 21 2006, 10:29 AM)

agree.gif VERY!!!

Plus my ankles are gonna be sore for a month.
alpha434
That was a turbo car too. There was a glimpse of a boost gauge.

Jeeze, all that footwork on top of turbo lag. It'd kick my ass...
SirAndy
here we go again ....

[RANT]
THOSE IDIOTS COULD HAVE AT LEAST SPELLED HIS NAME RIGHT
[/RANT]
headbang.gif icon8.gif

it's:

"Walter Röhrl"

and i'm not even complaining about the "ö" but there's a "r" in his last name ...

god damm amateurs ...
pissoff.gif Andy
URY914
The resident German is pissed.... sad.gif

Lookin' out for his bro wink.gif
Quilmes
Those were the days. I remember them well, since I was going to college in Madrid and my very good friend was related to Carlos Sainz. We did the rally school in Madrid with a R5 Turbo (front-engine). Then we did our first race in a R5 Turbo 2 (mid-engine) and we wrecked badly.
We went of a cliff when the handbrake did not go back into place and we flew off backwards. I must have panic and thought we were going to explode once we would hit the bottom and I pulled the fire extinguisher early in mid flight. Boy what a mess, and we could not breather for a few seconds which seemed like eternity.
That was the end of that racing career, we did not have the money to fix the car, and we also made the papers since it was a national license race and when our parent found out what we were up to. We had to give it up and hit the books.

When I can I will try to post some photos from those days.

Quilmes
johannes
Anyone see the Michelle Molton (sp) video where she gives another driver something like a 2 mile headstart

Michelle Mouton !!! ...

I like the crapy eighties music too biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing the link
i love porsche
wow!!!

it makes todays WRC drivers look like pansys!
racergreg
Wow, awesome footwork! What talent! smilie_pokal.gif

Didja check that cool shifter in the car? I think that would go perfectly in the -6! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.