Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KY to CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
whenever the WCC will be in CA again, I think I want to drive out there...

obviously not this year, but when the 914 is finally *DONE* and the rust is gone....

when will WCC be at CA?

b
bondo
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 21 2006, 12:45 PM)
whenever the WCC will be in CA again, I think I want to drive out there...

obviously not this year, but when the 914 is finally *DONE* and the rust is gone....

when will WCC be at CA?

b

Hmm, I think that counts as volunteering as chief organizer of WCC07. laugh.gif
bd1308
hey, I'll do it as long as everybody likes potato sack races...

b
johnmhudson111
we could have an ECC (East Coast Caravan) to the WCC idea.gif
skline
I thought the WCC07 was going to be in Vegas. That is what I was hoping for anyway. Something for everyone there and closer to others too.
bd1308
that might be fun....i guess i'll carry spare cylinder heads, just in case
smile.gif

b
bd1308
well I always wanted to go to CA anyway, and on my extended to-do list before I get old is to have a In N out burger.

b
SLITS
We have more than sufficient KY in CA with the WLLLC & CGBC......
bd1308
I assuming you mean KY jelly...

See folks, this is why mountain life isnt good.

b
SLITS
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 21 2006, 01:08 PM)
I assuming you mean KY jelly...

See folks, this is why mountain life isnt good.

b

BINGO....we have a winner

How long did it take you to finger it out?
bd1308
I just had to look on the back of the box pinch.gif

b
Allan
Just drive out for Joes bbq on April 1st.
Brando
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 21 2006, 12:05 PM)
I thought the WCC07 was going to be in Vegas. That is what I was hoping for anyway. Something for everyone there and closer to others too.

WCC07 in Vegas? Hells yeah!

Wait... Then MattR and Aaron can't go...

Vegas here we come! laugh.gif
Brando
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 21 2006, 01:08 PM)
Just drive out for Joes bbq on April 1st.

Aye, will be about ΒΌ the size of WCC07...
Dr Evil
Depending on when yor car is ready, I would drive out with you in mine. I have done the trip a few times, but not in a teener.

What all is left to do?
skline
QUOTE (Brando @ Feb 21 2006, 01:14 PM)

By that time they should both be of age, I think. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 21 2006, 02:26 PM)

Vegas...eek $$$ pain30.gif Not sure I could swing the funds for that one. Gonna have to start selling body parts on the black market.
skline
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 21 2006, 01:30 PM)

Vegas...eek $$$ pain30.gif Not sure I could swing the funds for that one. Gonna have to start selling body parts on the black market.

I'll give you $25 for that shiney head of yours, I have a full head of hair covering lots of divets in mine. Yours is nice and smooth with no dents. laugh.gif
Dr Evil
kind of uncomfortable with your advances there fella huh.gif

beer.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 21 2006, 12:07 PM)
on my extended to-do list before I get old is to have a In N out burger.

b

It's worth the drive.

Drive. Now.
SoCal Driver
OT bd1308 - where abouts in KY are you? I was just there in October for my best friends wedding (in Mt. Sterling).... I liked it there, its very nice. My GF and I are planning on going back in August.
Dr Evil
I like EZ takeout burgers better, and their fries don't suck. I have only seen two Ez takeout burgers, though.
SoCal Driver
I dont know about that, I've never had EZ takeout burger but In n Out is hard to beat. I've been to more states than not and eaten fast food when I'm out and I havent found a place that has bette burgers than In n Out. Yes their fries could be better, but, to me atleast, they have seem to have gotten better over that past few years. And to make them better order them animal style biggrin.gif grilled onions, spread and cheese.....mmmmm
Dr Evil
Don't get me wrong, In n out is pretty darn good, but I started to feel funny after eating their burgers towards the end of my time in CA. Maybe it is becasue they are church affiliated and I am..............well, Evil wink.gif

The two aformentioned places are by far the best in the slider business, hands down. chowtime.gif
Aaron Cox

aypperz.... i could blow all my money! and drink too much legally! yeah boy! huh.gif laugh.gif
jimtab
I'd never take another 914 to Vegas, the only time I was ever there, in my NEW 74, white 914 they sprayed road oil all over it...cost me 160.00 to get it cleaned off and still had a small stain on the lower rear quarter...city of Vegas wouldn't pay since I got no licence no.( can't see thru the window when it's covered with oil) and basically told me to go fuck my self....and, even tho I'm a guy who could, I just checked out of the hotel and drove away....NEVER to return....they can kiss my pink Irish/Scottish ass if they think I'll ever spend even .01 in that shithole....ever....yes, I do hold somewhat of a grudge...this happened in 1974..... finger.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (SoCal Driver @ Feb 21 2006, 06:33 PM)
OT bd1308 - where abouts in KY are you? I was just there in October for my best friends wedding (in Mt. Sterling).... I liked it there, its very nice. My GF and I are planning on going back in August.

I am in Louisville, kinda on Westport Road.

b
bd1308
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 21 2006, 03:15 PM)
Depending on when yor car is ready, I would drive out with you in mine. I have done the trip a few times, but not in a teener.

What all is left to do?

Hell hole rot... pinch.gif

it looks kinda easy looking from the outside in, but im sure it'll suck once I get started.

appartently Im the only teenage car guy in local town that's ever done a engine swap and clutch change? confused24.gif

What we *NEED* is to get a third member with a 914 on board....someone with a trailer reciever smile.gif

i'll give you a hint: G

b
Bertus
How long of a trip is this? A couple of days to get out there or more like 3 to 4?
Dr Evil
Bertus,
A couple IS 3-4/ More like 3 I am thinking.

Jim,
By the time WCC07 rolls around your senility should be in full swing and thus you will not be remembering the horrible time you had in vegas. wink.gif
bd1308
who wants me to bring whitecastes to ya'll?

these things are so good but lethal.

b
Engman
hijacked.gif

Whats the status of the Bluegrass Classic?

M
robby750
It is still a go. Mark your calender.
Bertus
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 22 2006, 06:21 AM)
Bertus,
A couple IS 3-4/ More like 3 I am thinking.

Jim,
By the time WCC07 rolls around your senility should be in full swing and thus you will not be remembering the horrible time you had in vegas. wink.gif

My math ain't so gud. slap.gif

If my car is able to pull it off, and if my wife won't divorce me (2 big ifs) I might sign up for a trip out. What time of year is the WCC?
mudfoot76
QUOTE (robby750 @ Feb 22 2006, 10:31 AM)
It is still a go. Mark your calender.

When? I looked at the club event calendar and didn't see anything. I looked up the old thread and there didn't seem to be a definitive decision made between the two weekends in May...
robby750
May 13 and 14. Britt get busy!
bd1308
smile.gif

b
dwillouby
In and Out is great. I try to get them every time I am out there. It will be quite a drive to LV. I did it a few years ago in about 3 days. Not in a 914! May take a few more days. Id love to do it if I can get enough time. May try to do some of the HotRod power tour this year.
david
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.