Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enzo redux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Howard
Posted this at ferrarichat:

This piece of junk is actually getting bids.

Due to overwhelming demand, a public viewing of the item will be held the Starbuck's counter in Albertsons Market in Westlake Village from 10 to 11am this Saturday.

At 11, a caravan will depart and proceed via Westlake Blvd/Decker Canyon Road to PCH. We will stop for a moment of silence, reflection, wreath laying, bench racing, etc. by the famed telephone pole. From there, we go to Neptune's Net, 42505 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265 for a no host luncheon.

All bidders and other interested parties are welcome to attend.
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif
Allan
w00t.gif
rick 918-S
laugh.gif clap56.gif Good one. What if the owner shows up and tries to claim that part? ohmy.gif
URY914
Those FChat guys love thier Enzo's. screwy.gif

That's great. biggrin.gif
URY914
"Someone ought to buy the piece of hose and BEAT the seller with it!"

As quoted on FChat. huh.gif

I told you they don't think it's funny....but I do.
Mueller
I'd like to see a bunch of people show up clapping with signs saying:

"ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST, 1 DOWN, ANOTHER 500 TO GO" smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 22 2006, 10:36 AM)
"Someone ought to buy the piece of hose and BEAT the seller with it!"

As quoted on FChat. huh.gif

I told you they don't think it's funny....but I do.

it's okay, they'll make another Fiat to replace the "broken" one, hahahaha
rick 918-S
If I were the owner, I'd show up and try to claim that hose. It's all he's going to get if California grabs and keeps his salvage for street racing! ohmy.gif
fiid
Interesting account in the SF Chronicle:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n.../a081222S79.DTL

Uh - it wasn't me. The guy driving - uh - he ... ran off.

The road was straight. How do people do this?

Another fun point - they made 399/400 Enzos in total. I know of two that have been killed in stupid accidents like this - which is .5% of the total amount of cars made. Crazy.

Howard
The beat goes on:

Howard,

I just sent you an e-mail at your ebay account, but figured I'd try this, too. My name's Josh ******. I'm a reporter at the Daily News - I wrote today's story on the crash. I *love* the fact that you've put this on ebay, and think this 'viewing' idea is hilarious - whether it's a joke or not. I'd like to do something on it for tomorrow's paper. Give me a call at 818 713-**** when you get a chance, or drop me a line at *******@dailynews.com.

Thanks, Josh
Aaron Cox
howard the celebrity..... laugh.gif
Mueller
I read some of the questions and answers...that one guy is total tool to not realize the joking nature of the auction screwy.gif

Enzo hose auction
KaptKaos
That's too funny.

Howie, you are one of a kind. biggrin.gif
balljoint
av-943.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

That is funny. Now please make sure to cut and paste all of the Q & A into this thread so it isn't lost forever.
shaggy
they made 349 enzo's

if you got one you were specially invited by ferrari to travel to italy in the private ferrari jet to the unveiling of the enzo if you got invited you bleed green

i know of about 5 that have been destroyed
so the remaining number is down to somewhere around 344

-shaggy
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 22 2006, 02:18 PM)
The beat goes on:

Howard,

I just sent you an e-mail at your ebay account, but figured I'd try this, too. My name's Josh ******. I'm a reporter at the Daily News - I wrote today's story on the crash. I *love* the fact that you've put this on ebay, and think this 'viewing' idea is hilarious - whether it's a joke or not. I'd like to do something on it for tomorrow's paper. Give me a call at 818 713-**** when you get a chance, or drop me a line at *******@dailynews.com.

Thanks, Josh

I feel a shameless 914 club plug coming.... av-943.gif
Engman
av-943.gif

Damn - best laugh I have had in a while!

You go Howard!

M
Allan
smile.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
JeffBowlsby
Ha Ha Howard...You find fun in every circumstance... laugh.gif
Always Looking
classic biggrin.gif bid is now at $36.00. You should do a buy it now at $1 million.
KaptKaos
Don't those guys need parts cars too?
bryanc
Howard, is that you in the bottom of the picture on eBay?
TROJANMAN
hey howie,
no offense, but a diet might be in order.
i can barely see the hose over your dickdo.
nice shoes by the way av-943.gif

(you know what a dickdo is, right?)

BTW, it was a pleasure to finally meet you beer.gif
Howard
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 22 2006, 08:46 PM)
hey howie,
no offense, but a diet might be in order.
i can barely see the hose over your dickdo.
nice shoes by the way av-943.gif

(you know what a dickdo is, right?)

BTW, it was a pleasure to finally meet you beer.gif

That's pretty cold, dickwad biggrin.gif But true, my gut sticks out further than my dickdo. The responses on this thing have been hysterical.
EdwardBlume
LMAO - biggrin.gif
cbenitah
This is the most fun I have had in weeks....

Dont no one mess with 914's

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: I wealthy Nigerian prince, and will I wire you $10,000,000 US in return for a banker checque amount to of the price purhcase for hose. Need I bacnk accont information of your for to complete transaction.
Feb-22-06

A: Zaphrod, I sense an improbability factor here. You can PayPal me. Send to spoof@ebay.com

Q: Do you have anything else from the _accident_ you could sell? maybe a another part of engine? piston? wire? coolant liquid? oil? what about the telephone pole? i pay good money
Feb-22-06

A: You ask a lot of questions.

Q: Is there any rust? I can't tell from the picture.
Feb-22-06

A: The battery tray is shot but the longs are good.

Q: I would like to withdraw my offer to swap this for the Brittney Spears gas can as i have just found out that Brittany was the one racing this guy in the Enzo, when while sitting on her lap her baby yanked the wheel out of her hands causing her to (accidentally of course) run the Enzo off it road. I feel its value has gone up and will be listing it shortly. and yes I have a cert of Auth
Feb-22-06

A: Understood. No hard feelings.

Q: I live far, but this is so cool. Can you maybe pick some leafs or dirt the ferrari was sitting on and ship it to me? I pay money for it. Musad Brezhnev
Feb-22-06

A: Tell me about the origins of your name. Can you send me Russian cigarettes?

Q: Do you have anything else from the auction you could sell? maybe a another part of engine? piston? wire? what about the telephone pole? i pay good money
Feb-22-06

A: No, this is my first and last experience with carrion.

Q: Can I use this as a radiator hose for my 64 VW microvan?
Feb-22-06

A: YOU probably could.

Q: Does this item come with a warrent for removing evidence from a crime scene?
Feb-22-06

A: No, that will be a separate auction.

Q: My dog likes to micturate all over the house. Could I use it as a catheter?
Feb-22-06

A: I'm to lazy to look up the word.

Q: The CHP called and they want their crime scene evidence back. Sexy CSI's wearing open blouses are waiting to analyze your tube.
Feb-22-06

A: From your lips, etc.

Q: This item is as valuable as the Shrord of Turin and by your conducting a viewing and service at the crash site clearly shows you are a true humanitarian. Is it mounted for display?
Feb-22-06

A: Shrord?

Q: If I were to purchase said hose, would that adversley affect the value of the other Ferrari hoses in my collection?
Feb-22-06

A: What is a 914 owner doing with a Ferrari hose collection?

Q: Is the invisible German driver (Dietrich) included in the auction? I have to ask because we wouldn't be able see him in the picture. But he could be there. Thanks.
Feb-22-06

A: We'll never know.

Q: Well, i am dissapp0inted for sure. You would think that i had a little more clout around here. When you change your mind, please contact me - Atnon George, Indianapolis motor Speedway, Speedway Indiana 46224. Will you swap for IndyCar salvage parts? Our cars really fly! I'll be waiting. tap. tap. tap. Snort.
Feb-22-06

A: Somebody call security smile.gif

Q: Darn!! If only it were 10cm longer it would fit my 1964 Rambler American station wagons heater core. Oh well I will keep looking. Good luck!
Feb-22-06

A: Your question is worthless without pictures. Anyone can claim to own an automotive icon like the Rambler.

Q: You know what? I'm really interested. Can you affix a Buy it now price please. I'm pretty wealthy and also fairly stupid.
Feb-22-06

A: Jake, we have something in common. Sorry, no Buy it Now.

Q: I have the original gas can used to refill Brittany Spear's Ferrari that ran out of gas near this same location on pch. Would you be willing to trade?
Feb-22-06

A: Did she sign it?

Q: I heard it said that if you whip the hose really fast over your head you can actually hear the cool Ferrari sound. Can you please verify this for me before I bid? If so I think I may have a use for this at stop lights to cover my wimpy 914 engine noise. Thanks, Mr.C
Feb-22-06

A: I can't think of anything funnier to respond.

Q: Howard, I think this would be a really cool conversation piece to get chicks off the Sunset Strip... all I have to do is take this hose out in front of the trendy Sunset Plaza eats and say Hey girls, check out how long my Enzo Hose is-- will buy it and let you know how I do!!! The Enzo RIP preview run sounds cool and for a good cause!
Feb-22-06

A: Whatever floats your boat smile.gif

Q: Will owning this tube make me more popular? If so, that would be kewl. I've always wanted some Italian tubeage for my tubeage collection. I'm lonely.
Feb-22-06

A: Is this a 'Tubular, dude, Malibu' kind of question.
sean_v8_914
stop it im crying av-943.gif
fiid
That's some funny $#!+ right there.
biggrin.gif

Nice job Howard! chairfall.gif
G e o r g e
chairfall.gif nice find howard w00t.gif
Howard
Thanks, guys. This has gotten out of control. Ferrari Club is printing shirts that say "Where's Dietrich?" over the Enzo picture. Daily News came to my office today for interview and pics, and say they will probably come to the Saturday run over Decker to lay a wreath at the telephone pole. biggrin.gif

My only concern now is the car owner's Mafia connections.. Enzo

rick 918-S
Ya, I read that.... ohmy.gif That's a little scary. huh.gif
cbenitah
HAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA
it was a SWEDE who did it!!!

HAHAHAHHA

smilie_pokal.gif

we dont have any maffia!!! well, ours would be compered to a 13th year old selling stolen shoes by the local gas station,

swedish maffia!!

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
GWN7
Actually it was a German who did it or so the Swedish owner says...... wink.gif

Like how many Germans can there be in California?....... ph34r.gif

I know this is going to earn me a bootyshake.gif but has anyone seen Andy?

I wonder if he was out clubbing drunk.gif the other night idea.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 22 2006, 11:10 PM)
HAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA
it was a SWEDE who did it!!!

HAHAHAHHA

smilie_pokal.gif

we dont have any maffia!!! well, ours would be compered to a 13th year old selling stolen shoes by the local gas station,

swedish maffia!!

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Watch what you say! Ole Guidoson may have to stop by your house and encase your feet in a barrel of lutefisk ............. The Cap'n
grantsfo
Here is more on the guy

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/22/D.../D8FU8QV00.html

Appears he has ties to the ....Swedish Mafia LOL!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page....e.php?aid=12547
rick 918-S
Swedish Mafia... Ya you becha! av-943.gif
gary gartner
Congratulations, Howard
You have more space on PAGE 2 of the Daily News than the Queen Mary 1 & 2 meeting on Page 3--
I even can see the 914 picture on the wall in your office.
Way to go---- clap56.gif
mike_the_man
Somebody has to scan this so the rest of can see! biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Feb 23 2006, 09:18 AM)
Somebody has to scan this so the rest of can see!  :D

STORY

funny stuff biggrin.gif

you're only 62? chairfall.gif

you realize this will get tv coverage.
Howard
QUOTE (gary gartner @ Feb 23 2006, 09:16 AM)
Congratulations, Howard
You have more space on PAGE 2 of the Daily News than the Queen Mary 1 & 2 meeting on Page 3--
I  even can see the 914 picture on the wall in your office.
Way to go---- clap56.gif

Thanks, I think biggrin.gif. Reporter from Daily News said it would be on their website tonight.
Almost 7000 hits and I didn't activate the counter until the second day. How can I get this much traffic to my web site???
ABC News called, they want to send a camera crew out. Told them would have to wait until I heard back from Sgt. Brooks at the L.A. Sheriff's office to see if I will be arrested for removing evidence. Funny stuff.

Thanks to all of you for submitting the great questions.

Edit: Guess I type too slowly.. No, I'm 63, thanks for reminding me.
TROJANMAN
your last post is obsolete......... lol2.gif

out of curiosity, what's that hose really worth?
Howard
It's worthless. Why do you ask? You own a 914 smoke.gif
TROJANMAN
i was thinking oem value. your bid is $40 something. maybe it has another application and is really a $150 replacement piece. just curious.
Howard
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 23 2006, 09:59 AM)
i was thinking oem value. your bid is $40 something. maybe it has another application and is really a $150 replacement piece. just curious.

14" of 5/8" hose with no fitted connectors? Flaps $1.80, Porsche $26, Ferrari $412 laugh.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 23 2006, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 23 2006, 09:59 AM)
i was thinking oem value. your bid is $40 something.  maybe it has another application and is really a $150 replacement piece.  just curious.

14" of 5/8" hose with no fitted connectors? Flaps $1.80, Porsche $26, Ferrari $412 laugh.gif

....ferrari $412.........howard, PRICELESS laugh.gif
porschecb
Almost 10,000 hits!!!!!!!!!! Also the ferrarichat.com guys are to much!(Bling Bling).
Howard
agree.gif Some really funny shit at ferrarichat.com. Those guys are brutal..

Top Ten Reasons I Crashed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10) Trying to return Enzo before it was repossessed
9) Difficulty snorting coke from Enzo carbon fiber dash
8) Dietrich caught his braces on my zipper
7) Horsefly ran me off the road with his corvette and pet woodpecker
6) Gizmondo
5) Vice President Cheney shot me in the face
4) Trying to get Rob Lay to title me “Consultant”
3) If Britney Spears can drive one handed so can I!
2) Wanting to compare U.S. and Swedish prisons
1) I guess I’m no Michael Schumacher!
grantsfo
I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hose when I win the auction. This is the coolest thing I have bid on in a while. Perhaps I will do the talk show circuit. biggrin.gif

porschecb
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Feb 23 2006, 03:02 PM)
I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hose when I win the auction. This is the coolest thing I have bid on in a while. Perhaps I will do the talk show circuit. biggrin.gif

Who says you are going to win? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.