Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Life's pretty good... 914 content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ninefourteener
Howdy folks..

I'm at home with a sick kid today, and as frustrating as it is, I just realized, in the last 6 months.... I've managed to get married to a beautiful woman, buy a great house, buy a great car..... and still manage to hang on to the 914....... and it actually still runs pretty good ohmy.gif)

Which I just realized.... is about the only thing that has remained constant over the past couple years.

Sure, there's guys out there with much nicer stuff, much more money, etc...... but for a 30 year old SSgt in the Air Force, I feel like I came along way from my headbanging, dope smoking, guitar playing, high-school dropout past.

Just feeling pretty good today... thought I'd share. With all the crap going on on the 914club with avatars, copyright infringement, hated moderators, and political "BS" that never existed here until just recently......... thought maybe someone else might like to share some good news!

Best wishes to all..... Matt
Allan
Pretty nice house for a Ssgt... wink.gif
olav
Good to hear life is good!

aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Feb 22 2006, 11:39 AM)
With all the crap going on on the 914club with avatars, copyright infringement, nazi moderators, and political "BS" that never existed here until just recently......... thought maybe someone else might like to share some good news!

im like cool... someone is having a great day.....

and then....

dude your asking for shit with a line like that.

so now im a nazi? im sure andy likes that term too...

a Real thinker arent ya.

come into a place (this site) as a guest (you are...) and start dropping the names. WTF.gif
bjorn jacobson
Good for you. It always gives me inspriation when I hear other people are dong well in the world.

You stationed at Scott? My dad was stationed there in the late eighties. Spent jr. high and fresman year at Mascoutah H.S. Back then there were tonnes of cool Porsches on base. Any thing from 914s to what i suspect was a imported 934.

Take care,

BJ
URY914
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Feb 22 2006, 10:39 AM)
With all the crap going on on the 914club with avatars, copyright infringement, nazi moderators, and political "BS" that never existed here until just recently

ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif

Good post until you threw in that crap. wacko.gif
mrdezyne
Good post period. Thanks for sharing and serving, you are appreciated. smilie_pokal.gif
goose2
glad to hear life is good...perhaps your brain was not engaged when you made the nazi comment?
ChicagoChris
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 22 2006, 10:52 AM)

a Real thinker arent ya.

come into a place (this site) as a guest (you are...) and start dropping the names. WTF.gif

In the name of all things holy! This smacks of the gross overreaction that has gotten us to this point.

I assume that Aaron is being sarcastic but for all that are taking this seriously, come on! The guy wasn't calling anybody out. He was making a point, referencing all the stuff that has gone on recently. No one will ever get to resolution if they stay so sensitive.

I for one am glad that someone is having a good day and wanted to share it with the group. I was having "one of thoes days". His posting helped put things in perspective.

I say thank you. smile.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 22 2006, 10:49 AM)
Pretty nice house for a Ssgt... wink.gif

....... and a 6th grade Social Studies teacher.

Oh.... and I wasn't "calling anyone out"..... I just remember about a week ago... I logged in to peek around, and 90% of the posts were about:

1) Someone stole a 914 logo from someone else, lawsuit, etc.... ugg

2) Some new moderator was attacking people (I have no idea who)

3) someone got kicked off the 914 club because of an avatar or something??

I dunno all the specifics.... don't really care..... not throwing sand in anyone's face.

I've been a member for..... Jeez.... almost 3 years? The 914Club has always been a top-notch place for information about the 914....... but I just remember it being a lot more "fun"

Used to be.... you could just put "OT" in front of your heading..... and pretty much talk about whatever you wanted... display whatever you wanted, etc.

Anyone remember my drama about 2 years ago when I was being stalked by that crazy bitch ex-girlfriend, and she created a bogus account, just to come in here, show naked photos of herself, and hit on guys to try to make me jealous? LOL

Remember the post about man-boobs?

Remember the post when I uploaded pictures of all 30-something ex girlfriends.... and then the 914Club "judged" them and told me which ones looked like a man?? LOL

Now there's censorship, seperate forums for non-914 content that no one reads, everyones pissed off, threats of lawsuits, etc.

What can I say? Just seems like everyone has really gotten depressed lately.... I figured good news is always a good thing........ until I get attacked for repeating something that "might" offend someone else???? Yikes!

Have a great day everyone!

TROJANMAN
i'm sure you didn't mean anything by the "nazi" comment. it's a touchy term to many different people for many different reasons. just edit it out. dry.gif

otherwise................... popcorn[1].gif
Jenny
I, for one, didn't think about all the drama going on here. I thought he was referring to the various personal problems our club members have been going thru. Separations, problems with family members, illnesses... It's sorta been a sad and trying time for a lot of us. But it's nice to see people appreciating what they have. We don't do that enough.

Jen
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ChicagoChris @ Feb 22 2006, 12:16 PM)

a Real thinker arent ya.

In the name of all things holy! This smacks of the gross overreaction that has gotten us to this point.

I assume that Aaron is being sarcastic but for all that are taking this seriously, come on! The guy wasn't calling anybody out. He was making a point, referencing all the stuff that has gone on recently. No one will ever get to resolution if they stay so sensitive.

I for one am glad that someone is having a good day and wanted to share it with the group. I was having "one of thoes days". His posting helped put things in perspective.

semi sarcastic -

just think before you speak.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (ChicagoChris @ Feb 22 2006, 11:16 AM)

a Real thinker arent ya.

agree.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 22 2006, 11:46 AM)
i'm sure you didn't mean anything by the "nazi" comment. it's a touchy term to many different people for many different reasons. just edit it out. dry.gif

I know... my family is Jewish.

Wasn't meant in that context though...... if I offended anyone with the "term", I apologize..... I was more referring to all the attitudes I saw displayed toward the moderators about a week ago. Not MY attitude, just what I read here.

I'll change it
goose2
No offense meant or taken here...it's truly refreshing to see the positive post about your good fortune. I'm sure you weren't thinking that to some folks, nazi is another "n" word.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 22 2006, 10:55 AM)
With all the crap going on on the 914club with avatars, copyright infringement, nazi moderators, and political "BS" that never existed here until just recently

ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif

Good post until you threw in that crap. wacko.gif

unless.............
you know the true secret identity of the Big Bad Ass Moderator From Hell, and s/he really is a NAZI ohmy.gif

after all, they are from hell happy11.gif
Eddie Williams
any way back on target.... are you stationed at scott? I'm thinking of moving up there. how if life around scott?
Gary#
rolleyes.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 22 2006, 11:59 AM)
any way back on target.... are you stationed at scott? I'm thinking of moving up there. how if life around scott?

Ok.. back on Topic--LOL

Yes, I'm stationed at Scott... I WILL retire here... evn if I get PCSd over the next 8 years... I absolutely LOVE it here.

AWESOME place to raise kids.... AWESOME schools (no kidding at all).. the cost of living is VERY reasonable (My home was $147K)... low enough where anyonw with a job can live well, but high enough to keep out the ghetto. The area is quiet, clean.. yet has plenty of shopping/restaurants..... and then.... St. Louis is 20 minutes away. What else could you ask for?
Eddie Williams
My higher HQ got BRACed to Scott, I'm sure not all will be moving from VA, so it looks like there may be an opportunity for some advancement, if I'm willing to relocate.
ppickerell
Howdy folks..

I'm at home with a sick kid today, and as frustrating as it is, I just realized, in the last 6 months.... I've managed to get married to a beautiful woman, buy a great house, buy a great car..... and still manage to hang on to the 914....... and it actually still runs pretty good ohmy.gif)

Which I just realized.... is about the only thing that has remained constant over the past couple years.

Sure, there's guys out there with much nicer stuff, much more money, etc...... but for a 30 year old SSgt in the Air Force, I feel like I came along way from my headbanging, dope smoking, guitar playing, high-school dropout past.

Just feeling pretty good today... thought I'd share. With all the crap going on on the 914club with avatars, copyright infringement, hated moderators, and political "BS" that never existed here until just recently......... thought maybe someone else might like to share some good news!

You have my respect. I was an Air Force brat for my first 17 years on this earth. I had 3 brothers and there was damn little money left over for anything fun after the bills were paid on a Master Sergeant's pay!
SirAndy
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Feb 22 2006, 11:40 AM)
[... lots of stuff deleted ...]

Now there's censorship, seperate forums for non-914 content that no one reads, everyones pissed off, threats of lawsuits, etc.

[... lots of stuff deleted ...]

and you sure make it sound like it's the admin's fault ... rolleyes.gif

for someone who hasn't been here for a while you sure seem to know exactly what is/has been going on around here ...
dry.gif Andy
Eddie Williams
Andy,

I didn't get the vibe that it was all the admins fault from what he posted. It was however a pretty good outsiders look in to what our taudry little group has become over the last week or so. That is, a bickering little pack of brats. We are all to blame, I just think he making an effort to swing the conversation back in a positive direction. And look what we did... we started a bunch of bickering and back-biting. Just my $.02
evan
Hey know how you feel. In 4 years I moved back to Gaithersburg, MD which I thought would never happen, got married, had a kid, got a new job leaving one where I was treated like family! Bought an expensive townhouse only to watch it double in value (hello retirement) and sold my lifes passion, my sailboat for lack of time of use due to being married farther from the water and the baby and then the joke of my 40 year old mid life crisis I bought a 914 too! Glad to see I am not alone.
IronHillRestorations
Great post Matt!

Hey, PM me your mailing address. I've got something that would have come in handy that November evening at Joe's Crab Shack!
ChicagoChris
hijacked.gif

At the time of this posting...

25 replies
4 people were less then positive
2 of the 4 were admin.
1 person amended his bad vibe.

I'm not saying....but I'm saying. Know what I'm saying?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 22 2006, 06:19 PM)
I just think he making an effort to swing the conversation back in a positive direction.

"With all the crap going on on the 914club with avatars, copyright infringement, nazi moderators, and political "BS" that never existed here until just recently"

in my best homer simpson voice:

"positive direction, eh?"

cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: what i *do* know is that the admin members are getting tired of the job. i can't blame 'em ...
ninefourteener
Wow! thanks Perry... I certainly will.... My wife and I eat there like twice a month... lets hope that doesn't happen again--LOL.

Man..... I have no idea why this post created so many problems....... I wasn't trying to bash anyone.. I was only referring to all the stuff I read when I popped in last week.

Although hardly an outsider... my membership is older than most. I don't log in as much because my car is in storage for the winter..... I started it today for the first time in over a month.... everything works as it should... no reason to search for answers to mechanical questions.

I used to log in daily, catch up on gossip, get a few laughs, and maybe learn something...... now it's like watching dogs fight... with some 914 talk on the side.

Sorry if I offended someone... just trying to share a little cheer, and it ended up making things worse.

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (ChicagoChris @ Feb 22 2006, 07:35 PM)
Know what I'm saying?

i know exactly ...

and here's my answer, just for you:
Eddie Williams
Maybe we should rotate in some new admins? Take turns. Get some fresh blood, etc. You guys do a great job, but I bet it gets old, take a break from it some times. "even lovers need some time away..."
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 22 2006, 11:03 PM)
Maybe we should rotate in some new admins? Take turns. Get some fresh blood, etc. You guys do a great job, but I bet it gets old, take a break from it some times. "even lovers need some time away..."

or maybe we should rotate members......

biggrin.gif

maybe the site needs a week of downtime? idea.gif
Eddie Williams
hey look! i'm spinning... i'm spinning...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 22 2006, 10:13 PM)
hey look! i'm spinning... i'm spinning...

av-943.gif
Aaron Cox
hahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif
Maltese Falcon
Hey Aaron, today was a good day...
I didn't even have to use my AK
see you in the LBC on Sunday
...bring a fuse box cover if you have an extra to sell me
popcorn[1].gif
Marty
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Feb 22 2006, 11:23 PM)
Hey Aaron, today was a good day...
I didn't even have to use my AK
see you in the LBC on Sunday
...bring a fuse box cover if you have an extra to sell me
popcorn[1].gif
Marty

i cant make the LBC meet on sunday...

ima have to come visit ya at your shop in a couple weeks...

AA
Eddie Williams
like i said... no balls!

I got to go to bed... I'm getting delerious
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 22 2006, 11:26 PM)
like i said... no balls!

whats your issue?
Eddie Williams
you ain't got the balls... no balls...
rpmmaxxed
Am I the only one that can clearly see that the SSGT clearly purchased the new vehicle with thoughts of a conversion?... laugh.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (ChicagoChris @ Feb 23 2006, 04:35 AM)
At the time of this posting...

25 replies
4 people were less then positive
2 of the 4 were admin.
1 person amended his bad vibe.

I'm not saying....but I'm saying.  Know what I'm saying?

crystal clear my friend...
you are saying that you have one thick skull

I'll raise Andy's answer to you and double it

finger.gif finger.gif
URY914
Why is it when member A posts something and member B doesn't agree with it and says so, member B ends up being the bad guy? screwy.gif Free speach only works if you agree with member A?

Not everyone agrees with everything and those that don't agree should be able to say so without a back lash.

Why are we keeping score on who agrees and who doesn't?

Sorry to keep this going.... huh.gif

mike_the_man
Hey Matt, good to see you back!

Your ex-girlfriend post may have been of the best posts ever on here. I remember Nathan asking to see pictures, and you posting pic after pic of mostly hot girls! wink.gif I laughed so hard at that one I nearly sprayed coffee out of my nose. Good to hear everything is peachy keen for you.

Speaking of Nathan, I haven't seen him post here much lately. Anybody know whats up with him?

Peace all,
SirAndy
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 23 2006, 06:07 AM)
Why are we keeping score on who agrees and who doesn't?

it's not about agreeing or disagreeing. it's about the fact that one guy (chicagochris) has continually attacked the admins as a whole in the last week or two.
almost any post from him has contained some sort of attack against the admin team.

and that, we don't like ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
IanStott
Living here where the lobsters are great and the beer is potent I would like to remind you all I am on the list of someone who will help you if you need it and are in my area. I am retired Air Force so have a special affinity for all military, serving and retired, glad to hear the story, glad you keep your teener looking good and I bet it probably works well. This is a great site and for those who feel slighted somehow please feel free to come on up to Moncton for a lobster dinner, no I'm not buying I'm on a pension! But the first beer is on me, Jake wants to come, does that help! Anyway this is a great site and w/o the admins it might not exist and that would suck big time.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
9146R
OMG - this is like watching a girl-fight. Admins - you guys do a great job - thankless most of the time. THANK YOU ! Chicago Chris - hope your kidding on the no balls stuff. Most importantly - 914Teener thanks for sharing your good vibes. It was nice to read your "life is good" post....kinda like turning the 914 ignition - revvin up and goin for a drive. driving.gif

Cheers.
Greg
type47

I feel like I came along way from my headbanging, dope smoking, guitar playing, high-school dropout past.

ummm, is there a problem with that?
newto914s
I looked up that ex-girlfriend thread, and that sh*t is hilarious!!! My girlfriend(who doesn't like how much time I spend here) and I had a great bonding experiance reading through it. Now she understands why I enjoy this site so much. There's a lot that can be said for people who don't alway take themselves too seriously. Good Times, Great Oldies beerchug.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (9146R @ Feb 23 2006, 09:10 PM)
Most importantly - 914Teener thanks for sharing your good vibes.  It was nice to read your "life is good" post....

hmmmm... if life is really that good, maybe I should try and get one

kinda like turning the 914 ignition - revvin up and goin for a drive.  :driving:  

yeah, that's another thing I'd like to try some day laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.