Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '77 2.7 Air Injection Plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Does any body know where I can get a set of plugs for the air injection ports on the heads for a 2.7?

Or what size they are?

I need em quick!!!
Allan
They are a 10 x 1.0

Performance products is suppose to carry them but they don't answer the phone. headbang.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 22 2006, 03:30 PM)
They are a 10 x 1.0

in which case, that's the same as our brake ports.
i got a nice set of brake-port sealing plugs with a VW part number a while back. i'd never find that number now, but it'd give you another application to look for. i'll try to post a photograph tonight...
John
Pelican sells hex head Rear Brake port bolts which work well if you can get the damn air injectors out without snapping them off.

I don't know how much they are, but they fit and have a sealing ring with them.
J P Stein
EBS
Allan
Okay, I got them on the way. Unfortunately they will not get here until Friday so I looks like it'll be next week before the car is ready.

And yes, EBS was the place.

Thanks Cap'n and JP...
Cap'n Krusty
They can be installed with the engine in the car. BTDT, LOTS of times. However, a week's time is pretty unrealistic to assemble and install a 911 engine unless EVERYTHING goes right. How often does THAT happen?
Porsche Rescue
I used the plugs suggested (and provided) by sixnotfour.
1/8 pipe allen plug. Works fine. I'd make it easy on myself and go to the ACE Hardware man.

Edit: hey, where did his posts go?
Allan
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 22 2006, 04:16 PM)
However, a week's time is pretty unrealistic to assemble and install a 911 engine unless EVERYTHING goes right. How often does THAT happen?

Bottom end is done. Heads are done. New P/C's. Been 7 weeks.

Should be done within a week I would think. wink.gif

And where did Jeffs posts go?

I was gonna go the pipe plug route if I didn't find em this afternoon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.