Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dirk Wright Disease . . . again.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-8
Man, it's been a long time since I've done a project.

This one started with the simple removal of the silly "Gee I really want to be a 911" rear reflector. And of course the filling in of the 6 huge scars that thing leaves behind.

And the simple patching up and painting of the glass GT rockers, along with removing a hideous trunk rack put on by the PO.

That was IT. Do those things, and then just have fun with the car. I already have a Porsche that's too nice to drive, I don't need another one that I'm afraid to take out!

Of course, now the car is completely disassembled - every bit of trim removed, lights removed, windshield out, etc. for a complete redo of the paint.

And, of course, the glass dude broke the windshield, so now it's a new windshield. And new windshield chrome and clips. And that little seal between the windshield and the dash is a bit cracked, so a new one of those ($80).

What started as a "few hundred dollar" freshening has now spiraled out of control!

It'll be nice when it's done. Hopefully next week!

'74 with 5.7 V8, steel GT flares, Vellios 915, 911 suspension/brakes, chassis reinforcement kit, boxed trailing arm, other tube reinforcements and rollbar, etc.
Joe Ricard
lol2.gif spank.gif w00t.gif
markb
Yup, a serious case of DWD. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.