Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sawzall party time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
So I've been trying to get rid of this tub but I can't seem to. In order to get the Subaru conversion going I need to get this thing out of my garage.

If you want parts, post what you want here and I'll do my best. I'd rather not ship parts, but I would also rather not see stuff end up at the dump.

While I'd like to turn the rear half into a track day trailer I really don't think I have the space for it currently.

The tub is pretty much rust free, so most of the parts are available.

Timing is going to be a little tricky, as I can only cut on the weekends when my neighbor isn't home.

-Tony
brant
tony,

I lost track of the add...
but did you ever reconsider bolting on crappy 4lug parts to make it a roller again?

shipping a roller is so much more realistic is all.

brant
rjames
I know you don't want to have to ship anything, but if you change your mind, how about the Driver's side rear floor pan? Including seat mounts?

Thanks!
TonyAKAVW
I could do that.. Trouble is I don't have an extra 4-lug setup.

My 4-lug setup on my daily driver will eventually be swapped with the 5 lug on the tub, but there's a lot to do to get to that point.

The other possibility is that it could be shipped with the 5 lug setup it has now, if the whole suspension was shipped back to me. that just doesn't make a lot of sense unless its a local (so cal) thing.

-Tony
TonyAKAVW
One more thing. When posting what parts you want, see if you can find a drawing or picture of a 914 tub and highlight/circle the areas you want.

-Tony
sk8kat1
yeah I would buy the tub in a heart beat if it was easyier to find away to get it picked up

how much was it again for the whole tub ?

my friend standing here just said they may know of someone that would pick it up for me..
TonyAKAVW
I was asking $200 for the tub. Its not in perfect condition. It's been in some kind of accident and some parts (like the windshield surround) need some bodywork rather than the bondo that was on it when I got the car. Its a project tub, and combine that with the fact that it doesn't have wheels, its hard to offload.

By all means I'd rather see this go to a good use than to chop it up. I do need to see it go soon, though. My daily driver is in dire need of a Subaru transplant and all the pieces are approaching completion.

-Tony

sk8kat1
can you send pics to me .. sk8kat1@hotmail.com

thanks
rjames
I need the whole back part of the driver's side floor pan, up to the inside edges.
Hoss
Tony,

Shoot me an e-mail with the pics as well. I am in San Diego and could make the run up to you. When you say soon, how soon are you looking to get it out of your way?

Like brant mentioned, it would be a ton easier if it was a roller. I would be willing to run the 5 lug set-up back to RB if need be.

I would be interested if it was a viable whole tub with the idea to actually a driver together.

Aaron Cox
i need a rear trunk floor rust free of course
spunone
Aaron did'nt you just have your car painted?? screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ Feb 22 2006, 06:10 PM)
Aaron did'nt you just have your car painted?? screwy.gif

not the rear trunk smile.gif

need to patch it and do some other mods smile.gif
dweymer
I need the front trunk floor:

user posted image

Donnie
GaroldShaffer
You really don't need a suspension to move it. If someone wanted the tub just bring a set of wheel dollies, Yes its is a little bit of a paint to get it on a trailer like that, but it has been done before biggrin.gif Just a option. If I was closer to you I would take it dry.gif
sk8kat1
looks good but my guy would be back to cali for like two weeks .... and is not sure he would have the room to pick up until like two days before .. it would be a covert pick up forme as a favor.....

if hoss can come get it as a whole sooner he can have it but if not let me know I will see if I can pin him down or see about what you can cut for me ...

thanks for the chance though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.