Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nola914
This is just Noise..............as in a very Big NOISE.........my personal scream.. And I offer my apology for this thread. But I have to SCREAM. I'm, from New Olreans. I was able to save most of my 914 parts. All of the stuff I had in East NO is gone. But my 4 rollers and parts that were in storage in the western part of the city are okay.

I've lost my job, along with a lot of others. So the hobby has now got to be productive. I decide I need to get some of this stuff out on the market. A roller in Niceville, FL comes up on ebay. For $500 opening bid ( an easy 5 hour drive from me). I can put my 1.8L motor in it and move it on. According to the description it has a lot of problems (but $500 in this market is way too much). Paint, rust, body dents, all of the things we hate but I have a lot of time on my hands to cure most of the stuff. So I'm thinking about whether to go with the $500..

That was yesterday. Today, a lady that apparently buys and sells quilts (as in blankets) has bid stupid for the roller. A knitting lady is going to buy the roller.....................

So.......WTF. maybe I need to go into the quilting business.

Sorry for the noise, I was doing good for the first 5 months, but the destruction is finally beginning to get to me. I really want to get back to rebuilding my 73.

Sorry for the interuption.

David
nola914

GWN7
5 days left on the auction... I'd bet the price is a lot higher at the end. That car sort of looks like one that was on ebay about a year ago. Red roller, Florida...that's all I can remember..... I wonder if the cream coloured one you can see just behind it is up for sale too?
nola914
Thanks. But the ebay s**t makes me crazy. There's no way that this red roller is worth $500, and the quilt lady bid is probably a fix

I would have driven to FL to get the car tomorrow, cash and probably paid the $500 just because I really needed it. But .......

Once the car gets into the ebay system . Who the heck knows. You can't call up the guy and tell him that you will give him a reasonable offer and wait until the "quilt lady" has left the building. Since I don'[t know who he is.

highways
Probably a good chance that the quilt lady is a "shill" bidder. In other words a friend of the seller (or wife) who is bidding up the item to suck you dry. Illegal on ebay and in other transactions. First, logic says a quilt lady would have no interest in buying a roller. Second, a quilt lady only looks up 'quilts' in her ebay searches- so someone had to call her up and ask her to do some bidding on his roller. Smells stinky fishy to me. screwy.gif

You could get in a bidding war with her... although be very careful to let her win. Then of course when the first quilt lady buyer doesn't pay up and the seller comes to you with a second chance offer- you explain that it's mighty suspicious how the whole thing went down, threaten to report him and make a low ass offer of like $400 to sweep it under the rug since you know what's he up to. sheeplove.gif

Or second option- get over it and find a deal off ebay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.