Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror glass needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
Ok, I broke the our side mirror glass, so I went to three auto glass shops today looking to get it fixed. They all three checked a catalog, said the blank was not available, and that they will cut glass, but not mirrored glass.

Called a fourth place and they said they would try, but $50 up front, no guarantee.

Does anyone know where I can get two mirrors cut to shape. I read the thread here about fixing mirrors and have mine apart. Now I need the mirrors.

Thanks
johannes
It seems they have something at Automobile Atlanta ...

http://www.autoatlanta.net/record_detail.l...3B17913&-Search

I have the same problem. I let it cut from a local shop but they did such an unprecise job that it doesn't fit. Got a try with another one ... will see.
GWN7
Yikes!!...the only difference between mirror glass and reg is the layer of silver on the backside.

I had a side mirror replaced on my truck and it was less that what is shown in the link...installed....and it's 2X the size...and in CDN$$ too....
robby750
Don't go to an auto glass shop. Find a regular glass dealer. I had one cut and I think it was less than $10.00.
davep
I just sold the best mirror in my stash, and the silvering on it was only so-so. I'd be interested in getting 4 pieces if we could get parts at a reasonable price.
iamchappy
Martin made some up awhile back, he still may have a few. If not maybe we can twist his arm to makeup some more. I know I would be interested.

Convex Door mirrors for the 914/resources and parts:

40.00 each for chrome. Pair, $35.00 each for 2 or more.

$50.00 each for the blue tint, $45.00 each for 2 or more. This is what I have on my car.

(I highley recommend the blue if you would like to do this mod to your mirrors.)

Pay Pal works for me, I will accept check or money orders, and no dead line on this. 15 or more of either type pre-paid and the order is placed. I simply do not have the cash up front at this time to "stock" these. If you would like to chat more about them, you can e-mail me directly at;

martinqbaker@sbcglobal.net
MoveQik
Greg,

I have an extra mirror that you can have if you want. You can have the whole thing and do what you want with it. You'll owe me a beer, however. wink.gif

MW
gregrobbins
One cold beer coming right up! beer3.gif

Thanks. I can get it from you at the DE at PIR, or we could hook up for lunch. Sounds like the six project is moving forward and I would like to hear what is happening. I robbed the one off the LE, so I can drive for now, but this will help. Thanks again.

Hey, how did the visor mount rear view mirror work out?
736conver
Called a fourth place and they said they would try, but $50 up front, no guarantee

Yikes.
You should be able to get these for under $10 easily. As mentioned above go to a glass shop. I had two made up for me last year and it cost $5 plus tax. If you cant find a place let me know and I will get some more.
boxstr
I have them made all the time. Cost is @$10.00. You have to make sure that it fits. There are two different sizes of mirrors. Anytime I take a glass in to be cut, I also take the old glass with me for sizing purposes.
CCLINMIRRORMIRROR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.