Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI Parts Obsolete Drops 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Just noticed last night that Parts Obsolete have dropped the 914 from there online website. Talked to Gary last weekend, no hint from him. May have been Rod.
www.partsobsolete.com
CCLINSWAPMEETMODE
Bleyseng
What? Wow, what are they going to do with all that stuff then? hmm
Maybe they sold it to you know who....
Geoff
DNHunt
When we went down there from Jamies he mentioned he was going to do that. He says he will still do phone and drop in. He felt kinda bad about selling all his previous stuff to you know who.

I think he's still going to be a source for parts. I think we should make plans to go down to his weekend campout next year. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Dave
scotty
huh.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif mad.gif
Brad Roberts
So who is "You know who" ?? I dont get it.

B
McMark
I'm guessing AA.
rhodyguy
unless george "showed him the big $$$" i sorta doubt it. gary said he regretted the first "lost wherehouse" deal right after it went down. my guess is alot of the online parts business is more trouble than it's worth. when a person from the east coast writes a blank check for a build up on a 356 (with a cut down 6 cly), that white car, or that beetle that was getting a 6, it makes digging around in a container for some obscure 914 part kind of pointless.

kevin
DNHunt
Kevin,

I think you are right on the money. I 'm not sure he even has a handle on his inventory of 914 parts. He just points you to a shipping container and says look on the right side partway down.

He just has bigger fish to fry. I do remember him saying he would take phone orders for 914 parts.

Dave
Bleyseng
Maybe the online catalog was taken down because he used the Porsche part numbers. I actually liked that but Porsche doesn't like that idea.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
So... WHO bought his shit ?? Was Gary the one who sold AA "the lost wharehouse" ??

914 people for the most are cheap. Kevin nailed it with his "blank check" statement.

This BBS exists because people dont want to pay to have their cars fixed..LOL

B
Bleyseng
When Gary moved to Oregon he sold his 914 parts to.....George H. Yep, Gary was the "lost warehouse" all that old NOS stuff that had been sitting for years on his shelves.

Brad, 914's are just VW's that's why we keep em running on baling wire and a prayer.

Geoff
Rusty
Back in the all914.com chat room days, I thought we decided where the "Lost Warehouse" was located.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Qarl
Speaking of... does anyone live close to Parts Obsolete? By close, I mean CLOSE, not (oh sure, I guess I'll drive 50 miles to go there for you).

If so, PM me.

Thanks,

Karl
Brad Roberts
JRust lives 15 minutes from him.

B
rhodyguy
karl, if you think you need something from gary just call him direct. my feeling is he doesn't have much use for the email routine.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.