Anyone know of one of these?EBAY CAR
Allan
I'm curious about the seal on the top

scotty b
Let me be the first to say drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
Allan
And this

URY914
"1982 PORSCHE 914/6 replica using the ultra rare Onki-Eagle body conversion. Porsche lawsuits stopped production after only 13 cars were built! Only 6 are known to exist today and 2 are used for racing only! "

What a load of crap w00t.gif
scotty b
Definitley needs a cage up front,different wheels icon8.gif and nose should be about wink.gif 4" longer Stills looks damn good
Allan
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 07:37 PM)
Stills looks damn good

confused24.gif
Hammy
So... I don't get it. Is it just a body kit on a 914 chassis or really a 914 replica with a body kit ? smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 24 2006, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 24 2006, 07:37 PM)
Stills looks damn good

confused24.gif

to each his own............
Maltese Falcon
Thirty K is kinda steep for it . 4 speed ? Porsche lawsuit proll'y for the use of their logos being used in the marketing of the car. I'd think that Dan Gurney, All American Racing--and his trademarked "Eagle" would have been prime candidate for initiating a lawsuit. Almost reminds me of the Diablo concept (AA?) of some years back.
Other than that, it's an interesting head turner. wink.gif
Marty
Sparky
I've been violated!! Ok so from 10 yards it doesnt look bad, but the interior is hideous! Nothing lines up right and I just dont get it. Where the hell did they get a 4 speed tranny? Really a 915 with a missing first gear?

I need to bleach my eyes.
Mueller
I like it.....it would be better if they lowered it and filled up the wheel wells better, makes it look cheap with such huge voids huh.gif
lapuwali
Uh, "2.4 Carrera"?
turboman808
You know when I was a kid I thought kit cars were so dam cool. Now I think "Why the hell did they ruin that car?"
jimtab
It was a Dino replica and it wasn't Porsche who sued it was Ferrari, but, there were more than a few made and I've seen more than the 6 this guy talks about. Most of the ones I saw had stock 914 running gear, not 6cyls. Check the kit car sites and cliub boards, they looked pretty damn good in person when I saw them.
Gustl
here are some ads from Jeff's collectibles pages:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

wavey.gif Gustl
Porcharu
I thought that address was familiar - Yahoo says it's a few blocks away from me.. I will try to check it out on the way to the breakfast tomarrow.
Hammy
Nice info Gustl.

Someone shoot me but I kinda like it ph34r.gif Though I'd never do it to a 914 wink.gif
johannes
ar15.gif !!!!
Andyrew
I think it looks nice...

I keep looking at AA's 904 kit...

914werke
I kinda like it too. rolleyes.gif
It could use some refinement & polish .
30 large ...thier dreamin. wacko.gif
Eddie Williams
timeout.gif Maybe it's the alcohol speaking, but why the hell would Porsche lawsuits stop a Ferrari replica kit car based on a VW/Porsche platform? Another case of eBaydipshititis? Maybe it's just me, but I I had to raise the BS flag on this.
jimtab
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 25 2006, 12:04 PM)
timeout.gif Maybe it's the alcohol speaking, but why the hell would Porsche lawsuits stop a Ferrari replica kit car based on a VW/Porsche platform? Another case of eBaydipshititis? Maybe it's just me, but I I had to raise the BS flag on this.

As the designers of the car bodies, they hold the copyright(s) and can enforce them at will, and they shut down every kit car outfit that didn't agree to modify the designs and take off all references to Ferrari in the cars and literature....they got lots of money for lawyers.... biggrin.gif
Crazyhippy
I dont know why but those wheels scream Kit car... A set of gold BBS would look 100% better IMHO

Body doesn't look half bad, but the front suspension would need some love before being driven hard... What's keeping the front of the a-arms in place?

Interior too is kinda... uhhh... yeah. Not my glass of beer if you will. beer.gif

BJH
Eddie Williams
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 25 2006, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 25 2006, 12:04 PM)

As the designers of the car bodies, they hold the copyright(s) and can enforce them at will, and they shut down every kit car outfit that didn't agree to modify the designs and take off all references to Ferrari in the cars and literature....they got lots of money for lawyers.... biggrin.gif

i agree, Ferrari that is can stop the kit not Porsche
dimitri
One of the partners who went into this Ferrari look alike kit, I met last
summer. He lives in my neighborhood and stopped by my house after seeing
all the 914's around. Ferrari forced them to stop the sale of the kit. Went to
his house in Cupertino and he showed me his sample sitting in his backyard.
He still has all the molds, but Ferrari is relentless according to him.
Dimitri
jimtab
QUOTE (dimitri @ Feb 27 2006, 05:40 PM)
Dimitri

Yeah, try using the Porsche logo or the name in the Porsche type face.....you wanna see relentless..... biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
OK... question?

Why make a 914 look like a Ferrari? I personally love the way a 914 looks, and I don't think it needs anything other than a slick paint job to be a beatuiful car.

Kinda like making an Orange look like an Apple on the outside.

PatW
QUOTE (dimitri @ Feb 27 2006, 05:40 PM)
Dimitri

Which Molds?.. the Datsun Z or the 914.
jimtab
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 27 2006, 06:06 PM)
OK... question?

Why make a 914 look like a Ferrari? I personally love the way a 914 looks, and I don't think it needs anything other than a slick paint job to be a beatuiful car.

Now listen, I love the 914 and all of its derivitives BUT I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't prefer the styling of the Dino over the 914....I'm not saying the Dino is a better car, just more stylish....pinnfarina is an awfully good house.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 27 2006, 11:18 PM)
OK... question?

Why make a 914 look like a Ferrari?    I personally love the way a 914 looks, and I don't think it needs anything other than a slick paint job to be a beatuiful car.

Now listen, I love the 914 and all of its derivitives BUT I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't prefer the styling of the Dino over the 914....I'm not saying the Dino is a better car, just more stylish....pinnfarina is an awfully good house.....

Yes, I love the Dino styling. But a 914 is NOT a Dino. Making a 914 look like a Dino kinda degrades both cars.

"It's not good enough as a 914, so I made is something that is not really a Dino...." screwy.gif
PatW
Looks good to me...

rjames
It's not good enough as a 914, so I made is something that is not really a Dino....screwy.gif

agree.gif

All kit cars look like kit cars to me. They remind me of toupe's- they're not fooling anyone.
maf914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 27 2006, 09:23 PM)
Why make a 914 look like a Ferrari?    .

I thought that was why Pontiac made the Fiero, so guys could add body kits to look sorta like a Ferrari 308! laugh.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (turboman808 @ Feb 24 2006, 10:31 PM)
You know when I was a kid I thought kit cars were so dam cool. Now I think "Why the hell did they ruin that car?"

agree.gif I pretty much think they lost sight of the "914" in this car.
jimtab
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 27 2006, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 27 2006, 11:18 PM)
OK... question?

Why make a 914 look like a Ferrari?    I personally love the way a 914 looks, and I don't think it needs anything other than a slick paint job to be a beatuiful car.

Yes, I love the Dino styling. But a 914 is NOT a Dino. Making a 914 look like a Dino kinda degrades both cars.

"It's not good enough as a 914, so I made is something that is not really a Dino...." screwy.gif

Clay, I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, I'm just saying that the sttyling of the body is nicer than the styling of the 914...to my eye at least...doesn't mean I would do a kit car, and not that kit car. That is not to say that all kit cars look like shit...let's talk about speedster and 550 spyder replicas that costs aside are probably as good or better than a 50 year old original to drive....would I rather have the original...you bet. But really is a kit car any different from taking a 1.7 and putting flares and front and rear clips, big engine and others stuff and passing it off as a 914-6 or a GT or whatever...there are Walter Mittys everywhere...so what...
drewvw

The car looks pretty cool, but at 30K I would rather get one of those Beck 550 spyder replicas for 10 grand less. Those things are sweet.

jimtab
QUOTE (drewvw @ Feb 28 2006, 12:00 PM)
The car looks pretty cool, but at 30K I would rather get one of those Beck 550 spyder replicas for 10 grand less. Those things are sweet.

Don't think you'll get much of a Beck spyder for 20k anymore.... biggrin.gif
Brando
It's a very well done kit. Not the best on looks IMHO but a vey well done kit!
drewvw

Don't think you'll get much of a Beck spyder for 20k anymore....

really? I've seen a bunch of used ones on ebay go for around that range....
EagleGT
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:34 PM)
"1982 PORSCHE 914/6 replica using the ultra rare Onki-Eagle body conversion. Porsche lawsuits stopped production after only 13 cars were built! Only 6 are known to exist today and 2 are used for racing only! "

What a load of crap w00t.gif

Well.....he is kind of right. Barry Goldstein, the "creator" of the Eagle GT, had told me that he made less that a dozen of the "short nose" version of the Eagle GT before he took his and used it as the buck for the final long nose version.

For those that do not know me, I am the person that purchased both sets (short nose and long nose) of original molds from PatW not too long ago and the one behind www.eaglegt.com

We finished with the Dino dash and instrument panel and almost finished with the Honda S2000 windshield conversion adaptor (see attachment). You can kind of see the Dino instrument pod in the picture, which could only be installed after the flat 914 windshield was removed and replaced with the S2000.
Rusty
I dunno anything about the topic... but sometimes when stuff goes up on eBay, the sellers write everything they believe is true.

Not sure the guy is full of crap (lying)... just maybe misinformed?

-Rusty smoke.gif
EagleGT
A view of the Dino styled dash buck before a mold has been made.
John Se
this car was for sale in collector auto trader for about 18K in fact its still there! what a dreamer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.