Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alpha....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
the SCTA lake bed racers are more nuts than you smile.gif

user posted image
Brian Mifsud
speaking of linked engines and a mild effort to get back nearly OT....

I lost track of a link I found where 2 type I cases were machined and joined to form a pushrod straight (flat with common crank) 8...

anyone have the link anymore? Would be an interesting variant on the 914/8
r_towle
you mean this one?
Flat 8

Alpha, seeing that you are a compitent machinist, and you are into these cars...care to take on some of this project for me??

I need two cases cut and machined in the right place,,,and more...we can discuss via email so I wont get flamed all over again...

Rich
alpha434
We could do one from two type 916 engines. Then we'd have eight cams, twelve cylinders, and a mess of oil.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 27 2006, 04:55 PM)
We could do one from two type 916 engines. Then we'd have eight cams, twelve cylinders, and a mess of oil.

916 engines were mfi/carbed 2.2's and 2.4's....

nothing special about the 916 denomination... prolly just a 911 S motor of the time...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 27 2006, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 27 2006, 04:55 PM)

916 engines were mfi/carbed 2.2's and 2.4's....

nothing special about the 916 denomination... prolly just a 911 S motor of the time...

The type 916 engine is not the same as the chassis designation.

The Type 916 engine grew into the 908 engine, and later the 917 engine.

Here's what two type 916 engines coupled together look like.

alpha434
Wasn't it the 912 that actually got the 917 parts designation?

And I meant 964. Sorry guys.
ClayPerrine
The six got a 916 designation. The eight got a different one that I can't remember (I am getting old) and the twelve was a type 912 engine.

Screwy naming sequence, but I guess it works for Porsche......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.