Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need opinions on rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ModPR3
i have a 1975 914 that i paid 3k for. after some sanding and chiping paint off i realize the guy before me was very bondo happy. do i sand blast it and spend the money for repairs assuming i will need atleast new floorboards and some patch work done for rust or do i gamble and spend more money for another 914 that shows signs of less rust. basically how much money does it cost for alot of rust repair if i have no fabrication skills or welding equipment to my name. so it would all be sent out.
grasshopper
well, first off thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif .... but seriously, it all depends on how much you are willing to dump into the car.... most likely, the rust goes further than you can see right now.... you could possibly buy a new car, and transfer the parts, but if the rust is conentrated to just the floors, you might do better just repair the rust.... good luck sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
ModPR3
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Feb 27 2006, 06:55 PM)
well, first off thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif .... but seriously, it all depends on how much you are willing to dump into the car.... most likely, the rust goes further than you can see right now.... you could possibly buy a new car, and transfer the parts, but if the rust is conentrated to just the floors, you might do better just repair the rust.... good luck sawzall-smiley.gif  :welder:

hey i was reading your thread and say i have the car sandblasted and find as much rust as you have in your car in the rustoration thread how much do you think that would cost to fix if you sent out to do it. oh yeah sorry about no pics still working on that
grasshopper
you mean if you sent it to someone to fix it?? if so, LOTS.... i dont know why the hell i am even doing it.... everyday when i come out and look at it, i think about giving up, but then i look at some of the pics of how it started, and look at pics of beautiful cars and it just gives me the energy to push on... if your car had as much rust as mine, then i would say throw it away and get another one....your in the land of rust free 914's and no one needs to know how to weld dry.gif ....(just cut) I have already spent over a thousand dollars for replacement panels on this car.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.