Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what are the measurements for a 6 conversion mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
what are the measurements for a 6 conversion mount? I bought one of those rich johnson lookalike dealeo's and wonder if anyone knows where to place it?

Its a 2.4S 6er......I really don't want to install the engine to figure it out.

Josh
Cap'n Krusty
Rich provides detailed instructions with his mounts. Just a part of a quality package .................... The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 27 2006, 08:15 PM)
Rich provides detailed instructions with his mounts. Just a part of a quality package .................... The Cap'n

i could have sworn he had the dimension on his website, just checked and nope, not there ...

i know McMark has one at his shop. PM him ...
wink.gif Andy
Jeroen
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 28 2006, 05:21 AM)
i could have sworn he had the dimension on his website, just checked and nope, not there ...

Rich has a website?
Where?
IronHillRestorations
Center the mount side to side. The ledge of the mount should be seven inches above the bottom of the pan. This usually works out to be the mount sitting right on the bottom of the pan/firewall seam.

Sorry again about the wiring harness Josh. Let me know if I can help with your conversion stuff. I know a little bit about it wink.gif
pete-stevers
seven inches is right but i my case we dropped the engine one inch lower
as well as the transmission with spacers for clearance with the 3.0 injection
degreeoff
Thanks guy's,

I'll bolt my engine case and empty trans up just in case my baby is twisted....and don't worry Perry, the car is going to be gutted minus gauges,wipers and lights so I am sure I would have only used some of the wiring....I even thinking of a mechanical light raising system....gotta figure that one out though...?

By the way anyone know how hard it is to switch from an early 911 alt (external reg) to a later one and how I should go about it...? I'd like to be rid of the relay board.

Josh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.