Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jims 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
I wuz looking at Jim Chambers' 914/6 at the swap meat. With a casual glance it *looks* like hammered shit....but a closer inspection reveals a sound car.
No "thru & thru sucking chest wounds". All the basic gud stuff is there for a hotrod/race car. Restoring it to
CW specs would be a trial, tho. The guy next door (at the meat) had a complete 2.7L core motor(500 bucks) and I got to day dreamin' idea.gif ............
Bleyseng
You need a new project or sumthing??
J P Stein
Hay, daydreams are free........
I figured it was a cheep start for someone. Bout 8 K for the basics, double that and ...........you might get back .75 on the buck. laugh.gif
rhodyguy
if you visualize that car in new (correct) irish green and clean bright work it would be a stunner. is they guy that was selling the black car a member here?

kevin
J P Stein
I dunno.
That car was the opposite of Jim's.....at a casual glance. He didn't seem .....willing to open all the hatches, so I didn't look that close.
anthony
Is Jim selling this six? Where's the ad and pics?
scotty
You need a new project or sumthing??

...well, he *does* have the garage space ... rolleyes.gif
J P Stein
Here's a pic of Jim's car. I tole you it looked like ......
URY914
Nice pile of shit.

Paul
Bruce Allert
Now that's what I call GUD photography laugh.gif
I mean, really, check out the juxtaposition of the giant foot next to the pile. Gotta agree it gives depth clap56.gif
bruce rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Bruce, have a fat tire for me!

Curt
Porsche Rescue
Car is for sale. It is the one I got in Dublin, CA. Doesn't look at all like JP's pic, my car is green! Brad was after it for a customer project but he was a little slow. Not sure if he even looked at the car. It is solid original six with original engine. Does not run but turns over by hand with the plugs out. Tried to start it yesterday but starter is frozen. Been sitting for about 10 years. I towed it home. I have another one which doesn't need as much work so took this one to the swap meet. Have not advertised it otherwise. If someone form CA wants it I might tow to Medford. Have to get what I paid ($6750) or I won't sell it. My wife gets nasty when I buy high and sell low.
ChrisReale
why dont you want to keep it Jim?
Eric Taylor
Got any pics jim?
Eric
seanery
I think there might be pics of it here somewhere.
Brad posted pics of it when he was looking right? confused24.gif
Porsche Rescue
Don't recall any pics here but maybe. I found it on Rennlist classifieds but did not save pics. Car is back in the storage barn I share with Craig. Can't get any pictures until I return from Ventura, unless someone convinces me they are serious. Then I will go and get some. Trust me (and JP) it looks like shit. Original interior (tan) is there but seats, door panels and dash pad are shot. Carpet is sound but dirty. Back pad is not bad. Windshield is cracked, rest of glass good. Front hood is warped (I have a good one, included). Paint is fried/cracked. Only one repaint. Trunks, jambs are original Irish green. Still has the stickers under the engine lid. Bumpers are usable, top rubber is not (rear bumper is late style) No valances. Rear lid pivot bolts both sheared, brackets solid. Battery tray holds battery but is very rusty. Engine shelf/console below are solid. Engine # is correct and all there including air cleaner. Muffler/heat exchangers are stock. Orignal 14" fuchs. Worst apparent rust is a 2"x2" spot on r. rear quarter just above door handle (damn foam). Anyone serious, send personal mail to jimchambers41@hotmail.com.
seanery
Is this it?
Green -6
J P Stein
YES ! I'd recognize that rusty shift lever anywhere laugh.gif
Rusty
Wow... no wonder Rennlist is so quiet. They can't post quality pictures of dog poop on Rennlist.
vortrex
hey I had one of those koala bears before!
Porsche Rescue
Car is so original the bear is still there!!!
Those pics show the worst of it. The concrete residue is no longer in the trunk and the leaves have been vacuumed out. The floor behind the drivers seat is not as bad as the pic looks. Not even close to rusted through.
Brad Roberts
I think the car deserves to be restored.. Jim.. let me see if I can locate a buyer for you. The price is a little stiff but I will see what I can do.

B
Porsche Rescue
Bump
Brad Roberts
I need a ton of pics Jim. Every nook and cranny need to be photographed.

B
Brad Roberts
I'll build a web page for all914.. That way I can send out hyperlinks to the web page via email to several potential buyers.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.