Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for Oil Temp Sender Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Anybody know of a source that can provide the "taco plate" with the oil temp sender option? How about an option for modifying my current plate to accept the sender? Any ideas?
Cap'n Krusty
I have a spare, but I also know what it's worth ......................... The Cap'n
Always Looking
I asked the same question a while ago and got the same underwhelming response. One tip was to drill your current plate, and fasten the sender through it with a nut and an o-ring or two. I haven't tried that yet, but plan on doing so as soon as I fix a few other things. Good luck. beer.gif
vesnyder
Dan - Had a few offers and they are expensive.

One of the offers talked about a plate - is there a cover plate that encapsulates the sender and protects it from road gunk?
rhodyguy
yes. there is a cover too. the offers should include the plate, the cover, the sender, and the wire. check the prices at the bird! i didn't even see the taco plate itself, listed.

k
Cap'n Krusty
For the general knowledge of the board, the "taco plate" and cover, together with the small bracket that goes on the right side, and the gasket and o-ring are still available from the dealer. The combined total is around $130.00. That's without the sending unit. I have a set on the shelf, and I've had it for around 15 years. I will sell it, but I want my money out of it, something most of you find unappealing. Mark and I looked for used ones yesterday, and came up dry. The Cap'n
agrump
Jake Raby has the plate on his site for $40
rhodyguy
and the bird gets $33.75+ship for just the sender. add it up. what might appear to be exspensive, could in fact be a bargin.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.