Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have their 2.0 heads rebuilt to stock?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
Thanks.
Drums66
$150 per head..............keep in mind 1 year and a half ago
Charles Deutsch
$150/head is not bad. Where did you have it done?
tat2dphreak
I was quoted 500/pr. for my 1.7s...
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 7 2003, 01:25 PM)
I was quoted 500/pr. for my 1.7s...

RIMCO?
tat2dphreak
no, local... Zim's, and they don't even do it theirself, they ship them off somewhere...

RIMCO only cahrges 105/head... I called them and they verified that price... which includes new guides but not seats(unless a seat is bad)
Brad Roberts
My area is 350$ but all this depends on whether or not you need new exhaust valves or new intake valves...or new seats... or you need welding done. There is NO way a machine shop can give you a accurate quote without pulling them apart and measuring everything. Zims was quoting you the highest it could be for your 1.7 heads. That way their ass is covered when something needs replacing. If they come in under the quote.. you think "great !!".. if they went over.. you would be pissed.

B
redshift
Hell, I'm already pissed off.

M
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 8 2003, 01:26 AM)
My area is 350$ but all this depends on whether or not you need new exhaust valves or new intake valves...or new seats... or you need welding done. There is NO way a machine shop can give you a accurate quote without pulling them apart and measuring everything. Zims was quoting you the highest it could be for your 1.7 heads. That way their ass is covered when something needs replacing. If they come in under the quote.. you think "great !!".. if they went over.. you would be pissed.

B

yea, Zim's said that was the price if it didn't need new seats/valves... but I'm sure they were padding it quite a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.