Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front turn signal seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
so how do those little buggers go on ... th po had them sort sandwiched between the lns and the bodt y .. the seals have that little slit in them that looks like it should hook on the turn singal bucket the have the lens rest on top .. but I am not real sure ...
anyone know for sure? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 28 2006, 11:12 AM)
anyone know for sure?

yes.

seal goes behind bucket, extends to the sides, seals to the fender when bucket is bolted down, seals to the inside of bucket when lense is bolted down.

*DONT* overtighten the lense screws, it'll break icon8.gif
*DONT* overtighten the bucket bolt, it'll deform your fender icon8.gif

cool.gif Andy
sk8kat1
ah ha ! thanks! pray.gif
davep
Say what? The seal fits over the flange of the signal bucket so that the bucket has a rubber seal to the fender and a rubber seal to the lens. I assume this is what Andy is saying. At least that is the way I saw them 30 years ago, and on all my NOS items. Absolutely do not overtighten the screws or the nut as per Andy. And the line across the lens at the one-third point goes to the bottom. Hella is read in the normal position, not upside down. This is evident from the Euro lenses.
SirAndy
QUOTE (davep @ Feb 28 2006, 03:18 PM)
The seal fits over the flange of the signal bucket so that the bucket has a rubber seal to the fender and a rubber seal to the lens.

isn't that what i said? biggrin.gif

well, at least i *thought* that's what i said ...
wacko.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.