Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to measure springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
can some one tell me the measurements of 140# springs

I got some but have no markings .. I just want to be sure they are 140# before I put them on.
Mueller
140# = spring compressed 1" from uncompressed height

so unless you have a spring tester, you stack weights on the spring until it moves down 1" and add up the weight or 2" and divide by 2

you can also search here or google for a spring calculator that you count the number of coils and measure the thickness of the springs.
sk8kat1
I tryied to serch on here and on google I couldn't find the sring calc the you measure the springs coil size height .. etc.. to find out if they are 140# springs or what ever ...does anyone have the specs for 140# springs or know where I can find the chart/calc to plug in the diamiter and height , etc to find this out?>
Mueller
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 28 2006, 04:16 PM)
I tryied to serch on here and on google I couldn't find the sring calc the you measure the springs coil size height .. etc.. to find out if they are 140# springs or what ever ...does anyone have the specs for 140# springs or know where I can find the chart/calc to plug in the diamiter and height , etc to find this out?>

spelling the words correctly helps during a search smile.gif

spring cal.
sk8kat1
i guess it would huh owned.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.