Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Club Race in Phoenix bound?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
Buying a wheel from "*" and looking for some one making the treck to PIR for the PAC club race. If you have room to bring it along, give me a shout. Only consider if it is not out of your way.

Thanks,
bryanc
I could carry it back from CA after the speed fest (if Zois is there). The current plan is for me to work in San Diego for the week after the speed fest, so it will be early April before you get it.
brant
Bryan....

colorado update.
I put in a call to the grandjunction crew.

sounds like the gang will be at phoenix to represent colorado.
be sure to take pictures and lap sheets.

I can't wait to hear about it.

sorry this doesn't help out with the wheel Xport.
bump

brant
gregrobbins
I did talk to someone from Grand Junction. Was running a yellow four with the coolest engine cooling fan. Engine cooled by a fan that was kinda like a Caviar style, and driven by an electric motor. I gave the driver my card and asked him to email me the name of the mechanic who created the system.
MoveQik
Careful Greg....I hear anything from "*" comes with huge....memories. Maybe I had better handle this for you. wink.gif
gregrobbins
Hell, threw money at him and the wheel showed up two day later via UPS. It is being decontaminated as we speak, well I just stuck it out in the side yard.
brant
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Mar 6 2006, 10:45 PM)
I did talk to someone from Grand Junction. Was running a yellow four with the coolest engine cooling fan. Engine cooled by a fan that was kinda like a Caviar style, and driven by an electric motor. I gave the driver my card and asked him to email me the name of the mechanic who created the system.

Mechanic is Allen Johnsen.
he is a genious.
he is responsible for many of the things in my car too.
he builds specific to PCA rules and boy howdy....

there are around 15 amazing 914's out of grand junction with ideas and things that you've never even thought of.

that fan is standard on all of his -4's and -6's now.
its electric and saves HP.
its a twin battery set up. (one for the fan, one for the ignition)
the alternator runs off of the CV joint of all things.

I'm telling you, there is more black magic from junction than all of the other teeners combined.

grab some lap sheets.
I'll bet you that is the GT5 #55 2.2/4 shows up it will decimate it's class, and probably all of GT4 and even GT3 also.

take pictures!

brant
gregrobbins
The race was this past weekend. Yes, he was quick.

How do I get ahold of Allen Johnsen? I would be interested in learning more about the cooling system he developed.
bryanc
Same here. I understand many of the suspension goodies on my car are AJ things.
brant
Bryan,

yes... some of the brace bars and joints on your car are AJRS (although the front 935 bits are not, and I believe Tom told me they were the prototype units for what became an aftermarket item)

AJRS is not in the phone book.
the guy is booked 18months+ out for most of his race projects. PM me if you want contact info. I don't put it out very widely, because he is a one man shop and not too interested in tire kickers, or even selling parts as a retail shop.

He is primarily a race shop and he is busy enough that he doesn't advertise much or solicite new customers much.
but PM me if you want the electric fan info and I'll get you his contact info.

hey... where are the pictures?
did you guys grab any of the lap sheets, sure would like to see them... jonesing to get back on track

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.