Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New craze sweeping the nation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
Check out what this guy has done to his Rover. A 27 liter 1400HP P-51 engine shoe horned into the front. Hey...who's to say one of us couldn't do the same to one of our 914's? I hear parts are economically priced and readily available.
G e o r g e
ar15.gif would i need to modify my engine mounts? upgrade to a 915 trans? happy11.gif
bondo
Oh gosh.. is that the RADIATOR in front there with the summit sticker on it? That's huge!
Mueller
I like the sticker in the engine bay, its for a magazine with this as their first couple of sentences describing the mag.

Welcome to Practical Performance Car (PPC) magazine, a monthly publication aimed at real car enthusiasts, with real-world cars

yea, right.....real world huh??? hahahaha
scotty b
wink.gif So this falls under the catagory of "practical performance" Eh? I wonder what IMPRACTICAL performance is to these guys
914helo
Maybe the 'magazine' is for .50 cal ammo. ar15.gif
TonyAKAVW
I think that engine needs titanium rods.
Mueller
anyone else think the throttle body looks too small??? biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 28 2006, 06:11 PM)
anyone else think the throttle body looks too small??? biggrin.gif

Haha, I looked at that and thought "if that's big enough for 1400 HP, all these aftermarket oversize throttle bodies must really be snake oil" smile.gif
wbergtho
Maybe the air was more dense in 1943? biggrin.gif Requiring a much smaller throttle body? wacko.gif
bondo
QUOTE (wbergtho @ Feb 28 2006, 06:22 PM)
Maybe the air was more dense in 1943? biggrin.gif Requiring a much smaller throttle body? wacko.gif

I bet the real reason is it was engineered accounting for ram air at 400 MPH.. biggrin.gif

Which means that rover won't see the engine's full potential until he gets it up to 400 MPH.. smile.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (wbergtho @ Feb 28 2006, 08:22 PM)

It did go past a couple of BIG turbos before it got to this point in the aircraft. So yes it was more dense cool_shades.gif and alot less crap in it back then also icon8.gif
jsteele22
What about weight balance ? Probably need to move the battery to the trunk.....
Cap'n Krusty
Rolls Royce built a car in the 30s or 40s with a Merlin aircraft engine. The head designer of the engine became the owner of the car. I saw it when I visited a private collection in LA to photograph a 1929 MB SSK. I believe there have been other cars with similar engines, and, of course, Unlimited Hydroplanes. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.