Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Windows 2000 Pro - Expert Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sideways
I screwed up my work laptop big time (I think) headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Computer Specs:

Home PC: Lunning windows XP Professional
Laptop: Running Windows 2000 Pro with Novell Client

I was trying to share my home printer and was following the instructions on my home pc to setup a home network. I then tried to search for the workgroup on my laptop but the laptop could not find the workgroup.

I then went into the properties for my computer (on the laptop) and into network settings. My laptop was setup for a domain, I changed this by clicking the workgroup radio button and put in the name of the home workgroup.

I had to then reboot to have the changes work. When I rebooted, I am no longer able to login at all, my password won't work. When I boot my laptop it goes straight into the Novell Login window, my username is there by default, I type my password and select workstation only, and I get nothing.....

If you have any tips please help me.......
Dr. Roger
thats because your admin at work has you logging into a domain. not a local login. and he probably doesn't have you as a local admin to be playing with his laptop setup or printers either...

no local admin username/pass?
anthony
What he said! You need to:

log on as a local administrator
change back to the domain
reboot

Sideways
Thanks Guys....

I don't have the local admin login or password...

Looks like i'll have to wait till tomorrow and contact work.....

Thanks again.
tat2dphreak
don't feel bad, same thing happened to me... I had to call and get the admin password on my work laptop and set it back... the guy he has to fix 4-5 a day like that...
drewvw

not that big a problem. Should be able to get out of it if its a company laptop and the techs have the magic local admin password.

good luck...
Sideways
The support is just great here, even if it's not 914 related....... biggrin.gif

Thanks.
bd1308
I remember when I ran a windows 2000 domain...it was cool, but....

actually i cant think of a downside. Roaming profiles are awesome! Like instant backups.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.