Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tow bars are available now.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee1967
Here is a link to my thread started on the Resources Page for my new tow bar brackets. I hope these will be a safer solution to those flat towing their teeners. Pictures to follow of installations as Club members take delivery of their units.
DanT
Good information on your link page David.
These should be a hot item....

smilie_pokal.gif cool.gif
Gint
I'm going to order one tonight.
Gint
Paypal sent. Thanks David!
blitZ
Is this the Draw Tite knock off which fits your bar?

Ebay Tow Bar
dlee1967
blitZ, that is the one.....Here is a pick with the Reese/Draw-Tite installed.
ThinAir
Cool! Just in time for WCC2006! I'll be ordering as soon as I know which type of bar I end up with. This will definitely be better than renting a tow dolly from U-Haul for 2 weeks. pray.gif
DBCooper
Heck, save on renting a tow dolly too. With that adjustable tow bar you could just throw the whole kit into the trunk, go hook up that roller and tow it home. That's how I got my rust-free car, flat towed it from California back to Houston behind an Acura, easiest tow I've ever done.
blitZ
Ordered mine

One question. What is the best way to secure the steering?
Demick
Looks really good Daniel. I have planned on making my own for years but never got around to it. This makes one less reason not to go to WCC06.

You also might want to consider shipment by FedEx ground. For big and heavy items, cost is usually 30%-50% less than UPS ground depending on the distance and destination.

Demick
dlee1967
Thanks for the tip on FedX Demick.....BTW...I am David not Daniel.....DLee
dlee1967
Les, you don't want to secure your steering. You must have the key turned to the position where the steering wheel does not lock so that the wheels will follow your tow vehicle. Caster helps that occur. Think back to riding that Schwinn with the banana seat with no hands.....

Ugly things will happen if you have your front wheels locked when flat towing a vehicle. This is covered in teh instructions supplied with each bar....DLee
DanT
I hope the orders are coming in for you David. This is a great solution for a lot of folks. smilie_pokal.gif
Doesn't make sense to try to make one when this is available.
dlee1967
Thanks Dan....Five bars for customers were left at the office this afternoon for UPS to pickup. They are starting to roll out the door. This is a great solution for CA residents who are not 100% on driving their teener to the WCC. DLee
spare time toys
I just noticed this in the last picture in the link. Is the track tow point welded to the tow bar bracket? It looks like it would be a good option to weld on.
dlee1967
Yes Larry, it is welded in the picture. I can either weld it on or bolt it....
iamchappy
David expect my order very soon, thanks for doing this....
smilie_pokal.gif

Chap
grantsfo
Looking forward to getting these on my car! Thanks again David! smilie_pokal.gif
Leo Imperial
icon_bump.gif
This is the way to go.
I wish it had been ready for my trip.
I mounted the bar that comes with the SB bar to the underside of my car.
Every time I filled up with gas I had to check it and a few times I had to tighten it. Made me a bit nervous. I will be placing an order in the near future.
dlee1967
Great Leo......I watched your trip unfold. I am only sorry that my brackets weren't ready in time to assit in the trek.
STL914
David,

I posted a question for you in the resourse thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.