Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie with 74 914 pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tek
Ok here ya go...tell me what the hell I got here and if I got the pics loaded right...
After a little detective work (opening the hood) I realized it's a 4 banger but don't know how to tell what size. Is that on the reg. or pink slip? You may notice it's missing a tailpipe which I have and am going to have welded and patched. It runs great but doesn't seem to have a lot of acceleration off the line. Could this be from the exhaust leak or other issues maybe? After 35 years of messing with cars, this is from outer space to me. What kind of kit is it? How much is it worth?
Really want to keep it but the wife says NO WAY...I have 5 cars now. Any and all adcice is greatly appreciated!!
Should I leave her??... or sell the car
Help me out sad.gif tek
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Eric Taylor
Kinda looks like an l-jet 1.8 to me just from the pics. You can tell by the engine code number as well. The number is in the back center of the case and should probably start with an E, if you post it here we can tell you more.
Eric
porschecb
Be A good boy and do what your wife said! Like she said six cars? I will give pay you $5,000.00 for it.
messix
i like it for a body kit. ditch the wife she has no car taste laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
That's a 1974 1.8. No EGR. Looks reasonably well done from the pix. One of the big disapointments in cars is the poor interface in visual quality between the exterior and the interior. So far, we can't tell about that. Certainly gonna be underpowered, what with the weight and bulk of all that bodywork. The Cap'n
STL914
Your 88 year old father-in-law actually drove that?
tek
Not able to locate engine code number. Looked all over engine and compartmant but found no numbers or plates. Any other ideas?
tek
tek
You bet! He was Italian and they can do anything, according to him...
porschecb
I can do A PPI if need be. Let me know. I am near Sac.

Michael (will also have my check book with me) wink.gif
drewvw

its got a funky style that I kind of dig.... wavey.gif
914-8
Wow, that's a 10 gallon hat on a 1.8 liter head!
shadygrady
I love it. My spare 3.6 motor would go well in that. Wanna trade it for a plain 1970 orange one. laugh.gif Your 1.8 would drive it well.

welcome.png
SGB
I've seen that kit before....
beach boys?
the two-tone paint sets it off really well....
smilie_pokal.gif
i think it does need a V-8
SirAndy
QUOTE (SGB @ Feb 28 2006, 07:55 PM)
I've seen that kit before....

testarossa kit, no wonder, he was italian!

the body kit looks like it was fitted fairly nicely. i have seen this particular kit a few times and it almost always looked much worse than on this car ...
the 1.8L is certainly underpowered, with it's 80HP (on a good day) ...

it's got 5-lug ...

nice score!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: now, we need pics of the inside and the engine comp., pass. side, under the battery tray ...
rpmmaxxed
I Love this body kit.

Same one on the white car that was at camp914?

I really, REALLY wanted that car...
tek
Many thanks for all the great replies, you guys are COOL MAN, COOL
I'm excited now about this little car and might just clean her up a bit.
Will post more pics in the morning of engine, interior, battery tray etc.
Nice people on here, thanks again...

Tek (future 914 owner) beer3.gif
Andyrew
Not the same body kit at craigs.

Nice body kit btw. Needs more engine.

Also, when you post pics, make sure to space them, ie hit return (or enter) a couple times in between the pics.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
nomore9one4
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Feb 28 2006, 10:04 PM)
I Love this body kit.

Same one on the white car that was at camp914?

I really, REALLY wanted that car...

I wanted that car too! sad.gif
computers4kids
FYI
This club site will be going down today for a couple of days for upgrades. We will be looking forward to more pics as you get them.

Love the body...very clean!

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.