Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Delete Quicktime completely
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kart54
Looks like tonight is computer help night.

You guys were great with the Windows 2000 pro question but how about this?

I deleted Quicktime completely from my computer (or so I thought) because I prefer Windows Media Player.

Now when I try and get into the tangerine racing videos or other MPG videos I get a small window that says the Quicktime plug in is not installed and gives me the apple website.
I've tried going into the set program access and defaults but it won't let me set the windows media player as my default.
I also get a message about starting Quicktime when I fire up AOL.
I'm running Windows XP and mozilla firefox if that makes a difference.
HELP!!! this is really annoying me to not be able to get rid of this.
Randy
tat2dphreak
you uninstalled, but your files are still "associated" with QT...

open up WMP, click on "TOOLS" --> Options --> file types tab

set the file extensions you want to use WMP for
Hammy
Don't know if the above solution will work but-
I *think* if you don't like the Quicktime program, you can just install the codec with "quicktime alternative". This will allow you to view the quicktime videos without having the annoying player... I think, haven't used it in a while since I just reinstalled Windows smile.gif
drewvw

try going into window's explorer and right clicking. Select "Open With" if its there. If its not, try holding down left ctrl or left alt and right clicking (its one of those).

Open With will pop up a list of registered applications and you should be able to select WMP and reset the prefences for that file type...
smontanaro
QUOTE (kart54 @ Feb 28 2006, 08:38 PM)
I deleted Quicktime completely from my computer (or so I thought) because I prefer Windows Media Player.

Funny, on Macs Windows Media Player sucks. biggrin.gif

Skip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.