Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any 6'4"+ track drivers - seat and cage combos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Any 6'4" + drivers that drive the track who have ideas regarding seat and car combo that work well? I looking for as many ideas as possible to assure I fit under the cage with helmet on. Any tall 914 track drivers willing to offer ideas. How about seat for big drivers? I'm 6'4" 270 lbs.
Aaron Cox
PM racergreg.

he must be like 6'6" and has a kirkey seat and an autopower bolt in cage.....
Trekkor
C'mon Grant. We all know you're 5'3" and 115.

You can't scare Jake with this stuff monkeydance.gif

KT chairfall.gif
MattR
I fit in one of the local guy's 914s. I'm 6'4" about 200 lbs. He had a sparco Evo with a full cage and I fit without too much problem. I cant give too much more info because I dont have it. Maybe someone will post some pictures from joe sharps latest BBQ where I sat in it.
d914
ultra-sheild bolted to the floor....cage the goes above the targa bar but below the actual roof.....see I think Sir andy's cage...
Richard Casto
Geez, maybe there is enough of us to form a "Clydesdale Contingent" rolleyes.gif

I am 6'5" and about 260lbs, so I am researching the same info. I am also looking to have my cage setup to allow the top to be mounted AND still have my helmet under the bar.

Current theory is a Kirkey seat leaned back and bolted to the floor. Cage much like this one...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=45455

Any success stories for tall drivers please post here!!
grantsfo
QUOTE (Richard Casto @ Mar 1 2006, 07:09 AM)
Geez, maybe there is enough of us to form a "Clydesdale Contingent" rolleyes.gif

I am 6'5" and about 260lbs, so I am researching the same info. I am also looking to have my cage setup to allow the top to be mounted AND still have my helmet under the bar.

Current theory is a Kirkey seat leaned back and bolted to the floor. Cage much like this one...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=45455

Any success stories for tall drivers please post here!!

Thanks. I will let you know what I do. I'm talking with a few people about options and we will be testing a couple of ideas.
steveinOC
6'3.5" ABOUT 200 lbs, Sparco Evo 2 with side mounts
(no sliders) bolted to the floor and as far back as
possible. Barely gives enough clearance with helmet
on. I have retained the stock seat mounts and
could gain a little more clearance by removing them.
I also removed harness bar that was welded
into cage to move seat further back. Changed to
330M steering wheel for additional leg clearance.
Best advice I could give is, mount the seat first,
then build a cage around it. Good luck smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
Dads 6'2 and about 230lbs, He had trouble fitting in the racing seat that I had with the helmet on, so I cut the seat brace and i'll be bolting the seat to a single slider to the floor.. (w/ a little slant..)

I thought about it for a little bit, and I figured that a really big guy could cut out the floorboard, weld in a new one that was concave, and support it underneath, in between the seat mounting points...

d914
two guys in our group with the ultra shield road race seat( al) bolted to the floor and reinforced and attached to cage. I'm 5'8'' and when I sit in the cars I can't see the font of the car or the turn signal humps!!! Both guys are pushing 6ft plus...we have the Technology!! biggrin.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (d914 @ Mar 4 2006, 05:32 AM)
two guys in our group with the ultra shield road race seat( al) bolted to the floor and reinforced and attached to cage. I'm 5'8'' and when I sit in the cars I can't see the font of the car or the turn signal humps!!! Both guys are pushing 6ft plus...we have the Technology!! biggrin.gif

Yeah, jeeze. I'm only 5' 9"

You guys are like dinosaurs! I couldn't imagine being that big/tall and trying to pack my self into a tuna can like a 914.

But this guy, Dave Harris is a monster too. I'll take a picture of his roll cage setup next time I'm over there. He's like 6'4" and has a stock seat.

WAIT. I remember now. He cut out the floor to lower the seat. Well. That's always a possibility for a dedicated racer...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.