Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track racing 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

maybe this is a stupid question but....

which guys do vintage road racing with their 914s? Anybody do the circuit and hit Watkins Glen and other EC destinations?

Racing916
I do DE at Watkins Glen and live about an hour and a half away.
drewvw

Do you go to vintage weekend in September? I've probably seen you race....

Racing916
I do not race my car in vintage racing, I just do Driver Ed's for now through PCA. The event you are talking about is in September is the Zippo Grand Prix Vintage Festival. There are a bunch of race prepared 914's, 911's, 356's. There are even a few 908's and 917's. Me and my dad have done the car show on main street for a few years now on Friday.

drewvw
Yup that's the one. I didn't catch the DE before, sorry. We've been going for about 15 years straight. I'm usually the only guy in the place with a red Karmann Ghia convertible....

Maybe next year we can meet up for a beer...
Racing916
Sounds good, My dad has a yellow 914, and I have a blue flared 914. Look for us on Main street. This year the marque is supposed to be porsche so there should be a lot of nice race cars and a ton of porsches. I will look for your ghia
brant
I vintage race a tiny bit west....

would love to hit the glen, but a long tow!

brant
drew365
I race with the POC. I've joined the SCCA with the intention of getting their license and running their vintage event at Laguna Seca. That will take a while since it doesn't look like I will get the school done this year. If you lived closer we could start our own Drew Racing Team!
Thorshammer
Drew,

Not sure of your interest, but I would welcome some crew help with my SCCA EP car this year at NHIS, Lime Rock and Watkins Glen. Last year I ran within 2 tenths of the EP track record at the Glen, and the car is quicker now that it has ever been. PM me if you are interested. I am just in Lakeville,MA. Near Taunton.

Erik Madsen
GBallantine
I've run a 914/4 for the last 4 years in Historic Production Class. Mosport is my home track just east of Toronto. The race association is known as VARAC which is the Vintage Automobile Racing Association of Canada approx 250 members. A lot of our racers run at many of the tracks on the east coast. I ran the Zippo Festival in Sept. last year in Group 3 with 60 cars in the field. I also had a chance to do the race reenactment on the 6.2 mile original street course . FYI, Porsche is the featured marque for the festival this Sept.

Go to www.grandprixfestival.com for the latest info on the Sept. Zippo.

This will be the biggest race of the 2006 season with over 500 race cars. I'll be there with the gang from Treefort Racing.
joea9146
No Racing But DE at Watkins Glen

groot
I plan on running the National SCCA event at Watkins Glen with Eric this year. I believe it's 8-9 July. Don't look for me to challenge Eric, though. It will be my first outing at the Glen.

There's a good chance there will be a few other 914s at the event, too.
Tobra
I went to the vintage races a few years ago at Sears Point(Infineon now?) Took Dad's '84 911 Carrera Cab so we could park with the cool guys(pre-914 about 2 years) I would not mind vintage racing my car, but don't really want to weld a cage in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.