Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Autocross of the season
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Well for those of you who have been itching to get back out on the track or I should say autocross course. There is an Autocross the 22nd of Feb. that would be this Sat. I just got this notice. In Bremerton,bring rain tires, this is the NW after all. Starts 8am and FREE, I guess you can bitch about the price, but then whos going to listen.
Check http://pnwr.pca.org/Track/autocross/default.asp
I checked the events calender and it was not listed there.
Have fun and drive fast.
Craig in DAMP CAMP 914
ChrisReale
Thanks for the reminder Craig.

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap, but safe helmet? Iam guessing by bicycle helmet wont be accepted blink.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Chris, Prolly be able to borrow one ? Dunno...

Is it the same place as the drag races? The old landing strip?TIA
Bleyseng
If you look at the site it tells you the helmets have to have a Snell 90 rating. I use my old motorcycle helmet but there are a couple of extra helmets that Leeds brings for newbies. finger.gif
The biggest thing is to pass tech.....so empty the trunks of all the crap you might have and don't need cuz you can't run with all that in your trunks. It might fly around and hurt someone.
Geoff
ChrisReale
Geoff, i ve been snoopin around...did you buy JP' s old sway bar? Is it a 22mm....will you have an extra 22mm bar....? confused24.gif
Bleyseng
It's a 19mm I got for Joe S. No, I don't have a extra 22mm bar just the one in the car. If you are going reset those Konis to soft so you can feel the car. You can adjust it to hard for your last run for fun.
Geoff
ChrisReale
Cool...do you drive around or take the ferry to Bremerton? mueba.gif not that it matters, justr curious

The Koni's are externally adjustable....so I could do all kinds of funky stuff....I prolly just wont be able to drive very well. blink.gif
EdwardBlume
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

I'm going to be in West Seattle this weekend visiting me Mom. It'd be fun to go see the NW Porsches run.

On a cheap helmet, I just got my wife an HJC Helment for about $200 new at a local Motorcycle shop. Dare I say you might try ebay as well.

Take it easy.
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Sammy
I bought my G-force SA-2000 helmet for $179 from racers warehouse or wholesale or whatever it's called.
Good thing they didn't charge me extra for the size, it take a whole lot-O-helmet to cover up my fat haid confused24.gif
Bleyseng
I drive around across the Narrows bridge (yup, the one that fell down) as I don't like to pay the ferry tolls. It about 60 minutes from Seattle.
Geoff mueba.gif fighting19.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.