Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tried some wrinkle powder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Coated the gauge bezel with some black harley davidson wrinkle powdercoat. The pictures doesn't do it justice, it came out very very well.
TonyAKAVW
Is that powder from Cloumbia Coatings?

-Tony
StratPlayer
another
StratPlayer
last one
StratPlayer
Yes it is from columbia coatings
Katmanken
Ah... Wrinkle finish...

How 60's and 70's....

Ferrraris used black wrinkle on the engine parts and the dash parts..

Sears used brown wrinkle on their toolboxes....

And Kenny used black wrinkle on his bug parts.....

WTF is with the powder. Spray bomb used in 2 coats, let heat set up the wrinkle....

Need some brown for my Sears toolbox.... where the brake fluid spilled mad.gif

Ken
Gint
I realize that it *looks* wrinkley, but is the actual texture smooth or wrinkley to the touch?
rick 918-S
drooley.gif wub.gif
grasshopper
the looks really good! a lot better than the factory finish, and probably harder too. smilie_pokal.gif
StratPlayer
When you touch the bezel it has a texture to it, it feels like it is wrinkled. I was amazed at how well it turned out. smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Mar 3 2006, 06:51 PM)
When you touch the bezel it has a texture to it, it feels like it is wrinkled. I was amazed at how well it turned out. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks. It looks cool.
Rand
I wasn't sure what to expect when I read your subject line. Somehow it made me think of a Steven Wright joke... "I spilled spot remover on my dog....... now he's gone."

Thanks for sharing. That turned out really cool. Wrinkle powder rocks! smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
I love wrinkle powder clap56.gif The soon to be delivered to the new owner cam towers in wrinkle red turned out great.
deserttoad
QUOTE (Rand @ Mar 3 2006, 06:17 PM)
Somehow it made me think of a Steven Wright joke... "I spilled spot remover on my dog....... now he's gone."

That dude was FUNNY! Is he still around?

DT
Rand
If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?

If you need a good laugh, google steven wright jokes.

It's like farside though... you either laugh hysterically or think he's an idiot. In my experience, it's a gender thing... I think they are genius... the girls in my family don't get the humor.

goof.gif

Haven't seen anything of him for a while. /hijack
jimtab
I think he is semi-retired and a part owner of a couple of comedy clubs on the OTHER coast....the guy is as funny as 3 red hats.... biggrin.gif
mack914
smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif
Allan
That looks really good. I've been thinking lately on how to change the look of mine. I wonder how it would look on all the dash plates? idea.gif
StratPlayer
I also did these extra mirrors to see how it would look on them. Damn these are going on my car. A good test for durability.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.