Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wow feels like more power!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Finally got my car to a point where I could get the car off the jackstands and give it a little drive. First of all, the car seems much more torquey with the header . biggrin.gif
Need to get my track pads into the M calipers but they seem to work pretty well even with the old pads in place.
Man was that proportioning valve a bear to get out with the motor installed.
Didn't think I was ever getting that thing off the firewall and getting the three lines off. Once I finally got it out of there the T went in with very little effort. Just needed to rearrange the lines slightly to get everything to line up.
Much easier to bleed the brakes now smilie_pokal.gif

Next up will be the oil cooler. Probably going into the floor of the front trunk. Will open up the plugs in the front bulkhead and open up a hole in the floor the size of the 25 row mocal cooler. I also have a 1600CFM fan hooked up to push ambient air thru the cooler when going slow. I will have it hooked up to the now useless fog light switch.

almost done.....er, does that ever really happen? unsure.gif wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
i felt the same way with my header.... very cool

DanT
If the Euro headers work this well I wonder how the Tangerines are?

Maybe someday...... biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
nice overspray poke.gif tongue.gif

i wish mine was coated sad.gif
DanT
Randal had these coated inside and out before I purchased them from him. I might be able to find the email where he told me exactly what it was. I know it was done somewhere here in silicon valley.
One less thing I have to deal with. smile.gif
I am planning on running my oil lines inside the longs on the right side since there is no more heat anyway.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 3 2006, 11:03 PM)
Randal had these coated inside and out before I purchased them from him. I might be able to find the email where he told me exactly what it was. I know it was done somewhere here in silicon valley.
One less thing I have to deal with. smile.gif
I am planning on running my oil lines inside the longs on the right side since there is no more heat anyway.

good plan. i did mine on the outside of the longs....

down the heater tubes wouldve been easier...

are you going UP into the cowl via the origibal heater tubes and then under the gas tank?

or down the tubes and into the passenger side footwell.

get one of these:
mocal sandwich plate WITH built in thermostat.
user posted image

10 bucks cheaper than JUST the thermostat setup... and saves you 2 fittings.... 2 birds one stone.
quality product and works great.
79.99 at racerpartswholesale.com
DanT
I plan on using the sandwich/thermostat plate. biggrin.gif

Yep, under the gas tank and up over the cowel and into the long by way of the heater tube outlet. No speakers back there anyway. biggrin.gif And I sure don't need the flexible heater tube
dry.gif

driving.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 3 2006, 11:24 PM)
I plan on using the sandwich/thermostat plate. biggrin.gif

Yep, under the gas tank and up over the cowel and into the long by way of the heater tube outlet. No speakers back there anyway. biggrin.gif And I sure don't need the flexible heater tube
dry.gif

driving.gif

good plan.

-8, -10, or -12?

and please dont mount your cooler to the floor rolleyes.gif , just mount it at an angle and do some ducting smile.gif
DanT
I want to mount it flat for a several of reasons.
1) cooler and fan assembly is pretty large
2) I want to put the board in and still have some usable trunk space for hauling stuff to and from the track. cooler is too tall for that.
3) just seems like the most straight forward way to go to me
huh.gif

My cooler has -10 fittings
DanT
cooler pic
DanT
fan
ChrisFoley
If you're blowing down through the trunk floor the front end is gonna feel kind of light when that fan kicks in, lol. laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Yup more power is good. I think it has better throttle response and revs quicker according to the Butt Dyno.
Made a Mustang with a "blowmaster" pull up along side and comment about the bad ass sound.
Specially when he could barely pull me going over the Pascagoula bridge.
CFR rocks... mueba.gif
DanT
Chris,
If I turn the fan over then maybe I will get some "ground effects" like the old vacuum cars of the '70s? biggrin.gif wink.gif Chapparals are way cool! ohmy.gif
I don't think my 4 cylinder is going to be going so fast as to get overly light in the front.
I might consider laying the cooler at an angle up front and dumping the air into the wheel wells. I have seen a couple of them that looked pretty good.

I keep saying to myself...if the floor was good enough for the factory 914-6GTs then why not for my application?

They had no spoilers front or rear, not even an LE style front valence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.