Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: selling my baby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerx9146
Its been fun and you guys have the best forum.

Selling my baby. see link for details. Hope Nobody gets mad if I post here.

914-6 Conversion for sale

Car was at WCC2004

thanks John
olav

Nice car, too bad it's a two liter six though.
Mark Henry
Again nice car...

But I hate "best offer over $19,000.", to me that's just dumb, It's $19000 firm or $20000 or best offer, but "best offer over $19,000.".....

Ah-ha-yup how'd $30,000 sound....me's tinks that dar over 19 fousand...ah-ha-yup!

rolleyes.gif

BTW I don't care, but this does belong in the classifieds.
Eric_Shea
give the guy a break... it's a nice looking car. Sorry you have to part with it.
dlo914
lovely car....sad to see ya leave, but you'll be back wink.gif wavey.gif bye for now
anthony
Beautiful paint on that car! I saw it at the WCC and it's much nicer in person. I guess I just assumed that that car had a 3.2 or something.
smooth_eddy
Wow, what a beautiful car. I am sure it will be hard seeing it driven away when some lucky guy buys it. One thing though.....I think you should change your web page to /6 conversion. The replica title makes it sound like a kit car or something. Kind of cheapens it. Just my opinion. Sure is a beauty though. As you can see I am partial to white 914's. Eddy
turboman808
hey see ya have a 323 gtx I had one of those for rally cross and a 323 ITB car. They were alot of fun.

I don't have either one now but I do from time to time see the 323 at an autox or road race. Think it's like the 3rd or fourth owner after me now.
Andyrew
Ive ridden in it, Its a very, very nice car! Everything is very well done. Very sound car.

Hope you sell it!
sixnotfour
cobbled together six conversions with bad paint sell for 8-10k One done nicely,correctly , should be worth 19k
Seeing is believeing though.Good luck.
TravisNeff
Looks like a lot of car for the money.
racerx9146
Thanks for all the input. If I does sell it will be my 1st time without a 914 for 19 years. I feel dirty.

I did not really know how to price it. I know how much i have in it and i have watched what other conversions go for. Add in a little "what seems right logic" and there you have it.

John
carreraguy
What a nice car, I don't think you'll have any problem selling it. Bad timing on my part; I might have been interested but I just picked up a '74 for the Suby conversion. Wonder how much that six engine would have sold for?
meares
a friend of mine had a 323 GTX......that was fun, too! not too many of those around...
racerx9146
Yeah the 323 GTX is my daily driver and autocross beater. Its a lot of fun.

Nothing like seeing the look on a Corvette drivers face when you smoke him up a freeway onramp. Especially when 1 week earlier the same guy made a big point of letting me know his 40K 5.7 liter car was faster than my 914. I think he felt a little silly when what appears to be a mazda 323 econo box just blew him away.

Just have to make sure the boost is up. Left foot braking helps. 1.6 liters does not give you a lot of torque. However a hybrid turbo and electonic boost controller gives you about 200hp in a pretty light car.
sixnotfour
curious, why did you not use the factory 914-6 motor mount ?
Allan
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Mar 4 2006, 10:50 AM)
cobbled together six conversions with bad paint sell for 8-10k One done nicely,correctly , should be worth 19k
Seeing is believeing though.Good luck.

agree.gif I've seen the car.

It is really nice...
North Bay 914
John is a friend of mine and I hate to see him let this car go, it is one of the top 5 914 types I have seen in person. This car is the total package, and if you want one thats finished to just enjoy, this is it. Hope you end up keeping it John...
racerx9146
I did not use the factory mount because I always had planned to use a larger motor eventually and felt the way the factory mount held the motor, 1 bolt, it would pivot too much under torque, but just a opinion.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.