Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 engine pull and parts swapping announcement!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I don't want to steal people away from D-Lo's simlar event.. I don't know for sure when he's doing his but it may be the same weekend. If you're planning to go to his and it falls on the same day, don't come to mine. I already have some friends coming, so this announcement is just "extra".

Here's the deal. I have a purple 71 914 that's pretty much complete. I have sold the engine and webers from it, which I need to pull (they're going with me to Sacramento the next weekend). Everything else from this car (including brakes) needs to be transferred to the blue flared 70 that I got from Sean_V8_914. The engine is the only thing that HAS to get done because I'm delivering it to Sacramento the next weekend. Any parts that get transferred is a bonus, and very helpful because I plan to drive the blue one to the WCC.

I was hoping to make this a BBQ, but I don't yet have a functioning BBQ. Instead I will compensate attendees with Pizza and Beer (root and non-root). I also have a couple early "door prizes" that are free to anyone that comes to help. biggrin.gif

I have some fake 2L fuchs and the purple roller for sale (see classifieds). Discounts will apply if you come help AND pick up the item you purchase. Of course the purple car will only be pick-up-able if it's stripped of everything I need for the blue car.

PM me for my address if you wish to attend. Festivities will begin at 9:14 AM and last until darkness or exhaustion.
dlo914
mines is gonna take place on April 1st wink.gif need to plan ahead for the working folks here. wink.gif
bondo
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Mar 4 2006, 11:10 AM)
mines is gonna take place on April 1st wink.gif need to plan ahead for the working folks here. wink.gif

Cool.. Watch out for the April Fools gags. smile.gif
Allan
I thought Joe was having a bbq that weekend. confused24.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 4 2006, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Mar 4 2006, 11:10 AM)
mines is gonna take place on April 1st  ;) need to plan ahead for the working folks here. wink.gif

Cool.. Watch out for the April Fools gags. smile.gif

dry.gif forgot about that...should make it April 2nd then! heh biggrin.gif
bondo
bump! icon_bump.gif
TonyAKAVW
I'll be there! (both bondo's and Dlo's)

For anyone planning on going to bondo's party, remember that he LOVES dead lead acid batteries left on his property. Preferably dead Optima batteries. So if you've got any dead Optima's (won't recharge etc.) bring them and help him with his collection happy11.gif

-Tony
bondo
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Mar 5 2006, 05:58 PM)
I'll be there! (both bondo's and Dlo's)

For anyone planning on going to bondo's party, remember that he LOVES dead lead acid batteries left on his property. Preferably dead Optima batteries. So if you've got any dead Optima's (won't recharge etc.) bring them and help him with his collection happy11.gif

-Tony

Har. I actually have several dead hawker batteries that I need to dispose of.. Fortunately I've found a way to grind them down to a powder that can then be easily pumped into your tires. happy11.gif
bondo
Bump!

We can make this a mini swap meet too...

pizza.gif
mightyohm
I'll be there. but you knew that. biggrin.gif

If anyone needs anything carried from the bay area for a handoff in SLO let me know.
bondo
Porsche-palooza was a huge sucess! Thanks to non-club members jkeyzer and TonyAKAVW for making the drive to help out! My wife's coworker's son Ian came to help too, thanks to him too even though he probably won't read this (although he may have been bitten by the 914 bug, so who knows).

We got the engine out, (only one stripped exhaust stud) got the purple car stripped, and started assembling the blue car. I didn't take any pics, but Jeff and Tony did, so I'll let them post em. Much beer and about half a pizza was consumed. Good times.

The purple 914 is now a ready to sell roller. (shameless plug, see classifieds)

I will probably have another event like this for further assembly and engine/trans install.. so if you're bummed you missed this one, fret not, because another is on the horizon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.